Wii launch in Japan

Hmmm there are also rumors europe will be getting alot less consoles than expected. But nintendo said they will have 4million consoles available before the end of the year so that 400.000 will probably go up very fast in the weeks after the launch. Or could it be that the USA will be getting alot of consoles? Japan basically is in the pocket anyway and screwing europa with a later launch (or less consoles) and a higher price is normal to (we stupid europeans will buy anyway).

I am actually shocked more about these numbers than I was by PS3 launch numbers. I mean really, they should have no problems producting millions of these before the launch with the hardware it uses, no?

I understand that it will surely be changing quickly, they will be able to produce them without problems and there will be more made by PS3's but still, only 400,000 in Japan? Do they have productions issues? Are they putting millions out in USA and pissing on us europeans?

Whatever it is, I'm surprised & shocked.

Wii is going to basically own Japan, I have no doubt about it after seeing what the DS and DS Lite can do.

You are comparing apples to oranges.

But but but aren't they both fruit with a high content in vitamin C.

Concole launches are really exciting times, just to finally see if the last two years of hype have finally paid off. There is nothing more satisfying then a hyped game or console pulling it off well and actually being all that it was hyped up to be.

I am actually shocked more about these numbers than I was by PS3 launch numbers. I mean really, they should have no problems producting millions of these before the launch with the hardware it uses, no?

I understand that it will surely be changing quickly, they will be able to produce them without problems and there will be more made by PS3's but still, only 400,000 in Japan? Do they have productions issues? Are they putting millions out in USA and pissing on us europeans?

Whatever it is, I'm surprised & shocked.

monthly output is where they'll kick ass. I seriously doubt you'll see a shortage.

This may seem like a big number, but it is a lot smaller than it seems.
WTF?
400k seems mostly like 400k IMO. Which isn't really any more or any less than 400k. Compared to other console launches though, the numbers are strong with the Wii.

Back