I got it.....

epicstruggle

Passenger on Serenity
Veteran
.... or more accuratly my wife finally got her visa. WOOT!!!!!! :D :D :D

Weve been married almost 5 years, and have been separated for most of them. We will finally be living together. :cool:

/cue dancing bananas in pajamas.

Kirit

.... or more accuratly my wife finally got her visa. WOOT!!!!!! :D :D :D

Weve been married almost 5 years, and have been separated for most of them. We will finally be living together. :cool:

/cue dancing bananas in pajamas.

Kirit

Why so long?! Doesn't marriage solve all the problems, more or less? 5 years is long long time!

Wow! So that's where your user name comes from!

Congrats!

so you are a southafrican who emigrated to the usa recently.
and your wife is what nationality?

so you are a southafrican who emigrated to the usa recently.
and your wife is what nationality?

Huh? I thought epic was Indian and grew up here with his illegal immigrant parents...

Congrats epic! Maybe now you'll mellow out a bit ;)

Im a south african who this july became a citizen. :) Wife is also south african. Unfortunatly after 9/11, immigration has been extremely tough, we just couldnt get her a visa to come to the states since i was only a green card holder. After getting the citizenship, we applied for a spousal visa. It just now finished going through the system.

Our marriage has been really tested these past 5 years, now its time to start having fun. :devilish:

epic

According to Bill Bryson (an American author for those who don't know) it's been difficult for a while. In one of his books he writes that, when he moved back to the US with his British wife, it was a struggle just to (IIRC) get her residency visa etc sorted out.

I'm going through the fun of a visa application for Australia right now. My wife starts Vet school at Murdoch in Perth next August, and I can immigrate on her student visa, but I can only work 20 hours a week on her visa (though I can work 40 a week when she's on break, WTH?).

So I'm in the process of applying for the Skilled Independent Visa. According to the AU points system, it looks like I should qualify just fine, but it will take a least a year to get processed. And I can't even send it in until my "Skills Assessment" is complete (which won't be done until Dec/Jan). Ugh, what a pain in the ass, and it's going to cost me a fortune in just postage fees to mail them all the stuff they need. I don't even want to know what the actual visa will cost.

Im a south african who this july became a citizen. :) Wife is also south african. Unfortunatly after 9/11, immigration has been extremely tough, we just couldnt get her a visa to come to the states since i was only a green card holder. After getting the citizenship, we applied for a spousal visa. It just now finished going through the system.

Our marriage has been really tested these past 5 years, now its time to start having fun. :devilish:

epic

may I ask why you decided to go to the usa? employment?

I was wondering the same thing. They could have come here and no one would have given a f**k... :LOL:

(there was an article on the papers this week saying that we basically have no control over immigrants in the UK, which explains why i'm still in the country :LOL:)

(there was an article on the papers this week saying that we basically have no control over immigrants in the UK, which explains why i'm still in the country :LOL:)
ok you need to explain that .. you live legaly in the uk ..? (dont tell me you are a Somalian refugee with skin problems)

You're telling me you had no sex in 5 years?
hehe, only when we get together. We have been only together for approximatly 6-7 months in the last 5 years.
My family (mom/dad, brother, sister) moved to the US in the mid 80s, we left south africa mainly because of apartheid. I was only about 11 when i reached the US.

Thanks for the well wishes, we just got back from the embassy again today and have her visa in hand now. Will have her in the US on november 22. :)

epic

ok you need to explain that .. you live legaly in the uk ..? (dont tell me you are a Somalian refugee with skin problems)

Not to break the fun completely, but it probably has to do with that while in other countries (like the Netherlands), there's been a trend for you to be legally required to carry an ID on you at all times, in the U.K. the discussion is still about being legally required to have an ID in the first place.

Not to break the fun completely,
Well, it's also that LB (claims :) ) to be Italian and thus free to move around the E.U.
but it probably has to do with that while in other countries (like the Netherlands), there's been a trend for you to be legally required to carry an ID on you at all times,
Really? :eek: I never carried my passport with me when I've been there. What a pain in the posterior.

in the U.K. the discussion is still about being legally required to have an ID in the first place.
And what a nuisance that'd be. It's enough of a problem just remembering to get my keys of a morning.

Not to break the fun completely, but it probably has to do with that while in other countries (like the Netherlands), there's been a trend for you to be legally required to carry an ID on you at all times, in the U.K. the discussion is still about being legally required to have an ID in the first place.

well its the same here in belgium.

how the hell do people legimitate theirselves in the uk? witha buspass ?? :)

how the hell do people legimitate theirselves in the uk?
Are you claiming I'm illegitimate?! "How very dare you". I've seen my parent's marriage certificate thank you very much :D

Anyway, how often do you need to prove who you are? Once a decade (e.g. to set up a bank account)? Why should you need to carry it every day?

Back