Supposed GeForce 8800 info at PCshow

Status
Not open for further replies.
all they did was sum up essentially the same crap anyone can gain by reading the thread here.

no soup for you!

Last edited by a moderator:
A separate RAMDAC to reduce electromagnetic interference ?
So all that fuss about the misterious chip just for that ?

That can't be accurate...

Well, at least they have more photos.

its a preview, not a review. all they did was sum up essentially the same crap anyone can gain by reading the thread here.

no soup for you!

Nah they give some flops numbers and also talk about how 4xAA is only a 10% drop. Granted that's meaningless without knowing the application and resolution.

Nah they give some flops numbers and also talk about how 4xAA is only a 10% drop. Granted that's meaningless without knowing the application and resolution.

exactly, aa performance depends on many other aspects, none the least of which is the engine. and flop numbers.... you really dont gain anything.

i would of been more interested if they had actually done some real game tests, alas, it is empty....empty like Demirugs soul.

exactly, aa performance depends on many other aspects, none the least of which is the engine. and flop numbers.... you really dont gain anything.

Considering we've spent two pages of posts trying to figure out what two cars making a right turn means I think your definition of "anything" is a bit too strict. ;) I find the 400 GFlops number interesting because it may help narrow down possibilities for those 128 shaders. If you need more you can simply stay in the shadows till the real info comes around !

Considering we've spent two pages of posts trying to figure out what two cars making a right turn means I think your definition of "anything" is a bit too strict. ;) I find the 400 GFlops number interesting because it may help narrow down possibilities for those 128 shaders. If you need more you can simply stay in the shadows till the real info comes around !

except when you add a little bit of logic and realize it is a chinese website that has written a preview based off leaks, anyone can come to the 400 Gflop numbers via guess by simply taking the leaked score of the 8800GTX, looking at the Gflop numbers of the 7800GTX (~200 GFLOP’s) and doubling it since its performance in 3Dmark is double. Wahoo i did magic.

except when you add a little bit of logic and realize it is a chinese website that has written a preview based off leaks, anyone can come to the 400 Gflop numbers via guess by simply taking the leaked score of the 8800GTX, looking at the Gflop numbers of the 7800GTX (~200 GFLOP’s) and doubling it since its performance in 3Dmark is double. Wahoo i did magic.

I guess. Interesting read though.

Edit: Yep you're right. Just all the already leaked info packaged up and sprinkled with guesses. Nothing to see here.

They seem to be hinting that NVidia "unified shaders" aren't dynamically balancing during rendering, but are statically partitioned somehow (I guess by assigning N tcps to VS, N tcps to GS, N tcps to PS) by the driver I would assume.

I see they've printed it with their new font. So what exactly is the point of the dual SLI connections?

And how many eggs can it fry at once?

I see they've printed it with their new font. So what exactly is the point of the dual SLI connections?

And how many eggs can it fry at once?

i'm betting its going to be a physics/super exotic SLI thing, i dont think its going to be as dedicated as ATIs where one is for up and the other is for down (to put it bluntly) considering only the GTX has it. Theinq says the N680 chipset for AMD 4x4 will be 4 slot PCI-Express, maybe it will just be a quad core or perhaps a triple SLI thing (if they can load balance for 3 cards). Obviously they're not going to slap two GPUs together and stick them in a single slot anytime soon. IE no 8800 GX2 sku, so heres the replacement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back