MS Answers to Lumines Live "mess"

These aren't too bad, since they don't give anything you don't get in the normal course of the game. Essentially paying for cheat codes, which I never really use unless I'm renting the game.

Actually it does. When you walk up to an NPC seller in the game there's a 4th tier of weapons that pops out the blade and can only be purchased with MS points. You can't get them any other way. :???:

.... to force you to buy it....

that's my point... supply/demand... if people don't buy it they won't be selling it like that. If they do buy it (enough to be worthwhile) then the company deserves to get paid for it because the people demanded it and chose to pay for it.

I never worry about the economics of a new industry because it always finds it's level.

I never worry about the economics of a new industry because it always finds it's level.
Yes. But when you have an industry like videogames where brand power is so important, you'll start to have to check to make sure what parts of games you need to buy if this becomes popular (like I think it will).

Actually it does. When you walk up to an NPC seller in the game there's a 4th tier of weapons that pops out the blade and can only be purchased with MS points. You can't get them any other way. :???:

Really? What bullshit, as if $70 for a POS port like Godfather isn't enough, lol.

Maybe, but if you have to spend $30 bucks or more to get the 'full' lumines experience, then they should have just sold it as a non live game.

Why? I didn't have to go to a store to get it, or pay $50 like it was on the PSP. Why would I rather do that than get it from Live for $30?

I do not what to say really. However I have paid the 1200 points for the base game and I am having a blast. So far have I felt like I have am missing anything? Not really considering I am not that good at the game (download some of the replays off of Live of people getting outrageous scores to see how the pros play).

Perhaps if I get good a the game and I am able to beat the levels the base game provides I may pick up the advanced pack. Still, in 6 months time I may also find myself not playing as much as I thought I would and will be perfectly happy with the base back and not having to spend money for all of the packs.

Back