Font

So you're seeing the same thing I'm seeing Ratch? They all look alike to you too?

Kewl, I thought it was something funky with my browser. :LOL:

yeah they all look alike, that's the way the forum permissions are set. No one can use the FONT tag. I'll leave it like that until told otherwise.

The font is still tahoma though, which (I assume) Dave set when he first upgraded the forum from phpBB to Vbulletin. It hasn't changed since then.

Without cleartype:
fontrender1ng8.png

With cleartype:
fontrender2ix9.png

Right, however some things were Verdana which are now Tahoma. I beleive the main forum index, where the forum names are listed is one of them. I cant really put my finger on anything else specifically.

Right, however some things were Verdana which are now Tahoma. I beleive the main forum index, where the forum names are listed is one of them. I cant really put my finger on anything else specifically.
Well, like I said we didn't change anything wrt the fonts. All we did was remove the underlines from the links. Maybe that's what's throwing you?

I don't have Tahoma on Linux installed.
I guess that's why I don't have font smoothing on Beyond3d-forums? The front-page is fine though.
I use Firefox3 btw.

I don't have Tahoma on Linux installed.
I guess that's why I don't have font smoothing on Beyond3d-forums? The front-page is fine though.
I use Firefox3 btw.
Strange, I thought, or at least expected in this day and age, that the font anti-aliasing in most window managers would not be linked to the particular font used in a window/page.

Anyway, if you have the right access permission, just install the msttcorefonts package from your repository, or grab it directly at its Sourceforge site if it's not available. It will install most MS Windows fonts on your distro. And then test to see if it takes care of the issue.

Back