Knights of the Nine (TES IV: Oblivion) downloadable (360/Windows)

Let me point out something else:
Article said:
The PLAYSTATION®3 system title will contain the Knights of the Nine content.
So no exclusivity for this one, which is good :)

Are they allowing it for free or price? I see the PC version will be in retail stores, so I assume at a price.

Besides the article, this content was announced for PS3 before it was ever acknowledged to be coming to the other platforms, and when it was, it was pointed out that Bethesda likes to keep content the same across all platforms IIRC.

Might be considered spoilers by some:

Knights of the Nine features an all-new faction and quests for noble characters and answers many of the questions surrounding the Ayleid ruins found throughout Oblivion. Players can join a new faction and found their own order of holy knights – leading them into battle against a sorcerer-king and his demonic minions while exploring massive dungeons and searching for legendary relics – the holy armor and weapons of the Divine Crusader.

November will be a very good month, indeed. If I can just get myself through Oblivion a second time to play this part.

Are they allowing it for free or price? I see the PC version will be in retail stores, so I assume at a price.
Hey, they didn't even give away the fricken horse armor for free, you expect them to give away NINE KNIGHTS now? Get real, wouldja! ;)

Actually, that bethesda charges for EVERYTHING oblivion-related (except for patches, which I guess we have to be thankful we don't have to pay for also) is probably one of the biggest reasons I played oblivion only until I reached the first town past the monastery, and then no more since then. Their 'microcharges' aren't really all that micro either, and I just plain don't like to support moneygrubbers.

Actually, that bethesda charges for EVERYTHING oblivion-related (except for patches, which I guess we have to be thankful we don't have to pay for also) is probably one of the biggest reasons I played oblivion only until I reached the first town past the monastery, and then no more since then. Their 'microcharges' aren't really all that micro either, and I just plain don't like to support moneygrubbers.

I don't see the connection between their microcharges and how much you played. Are you saying this was some sort of silent protest on your part or something, because none of their microcharge content is required for the game.

I've put nearly 200 hours into Oblivion before I quit playing, and the only thing I bought for it was the Wizards Tower. I just don't see how their optional downloadable content effected your game.

Why would you need to play through the game a second time? Did you delete your game save from the first time?

:D Not exactly, but nevertheless, I don't have any old saves anymore. It's no big deal, though, as I'm quite enjoying it still (roughly 10 hours in, so far, as a guess). I've decided to take most of what I did last time and simply not do it. Been focusing on archery and magic rather than blade, endurance, etc. It's made the game much more interesting for me, since now there's some evasion required instead of hitting an opponent (2, 3? can't remember) times and then blocking and repeating again. I don't think I'll be playing through nearly as many quests as I did before, though, unless I find plenty of the ones I missed last time.

Back