Question for Wii DEVELOPERS: Sensor Bar?

I also heard that if there's any glass near you it will cause the wiimote to go haywire (windows, glasses etc.)
Good thing houses don't have lots of glass in them then. After all, if houses did have large areas of glass for, I dunno, something crazy like letting daylight into the room, it'd be mind-numbingly gob-smackingly brain-deadingly stupid for Nintendo to create a console where the control mechanism can't work in those rooms with the big bits of glass.

Why do you think the senor bar can work on any size screen? You dont point at the screen, you point at the sensor bar and that is your point of reference not the screen.You could have the sensor bar placed anywhere in the room and still aim accurately just as you would with a mouse mat.

Oh ok, I misunderstood you. Sorry about that.

I assume the lights on the bar makes a reference, who the sensor in the hand held inteprets as distance, angle, and position.
The result, i assume, is its using a "virtual tv" box, who is projected who makes for a good game experience.

Lets assume now, the viimote had a TV camera thingy in it, and the VII had cpu capacity of actually acting as a light gun. What would the advantage be?

1. you would get good control at close range, and, less subtle control at large range. With a set "box", you can aim on feeling, and have better control.

More, i also guess, game devs can code a adjustment in the game, a simple one, who adjusts the response before game starts. If its felt needed. ;)

It absolutely does come with the sensor bar. Retail Wii box unpacking video:
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/7438

Sensor bar comes in at 4:10.

In the box AFAIK:
Wii main unit
Stand/Foot for main unit
1 Wiimote + 1 Nunchuk
Composite video cables
Sensor bar with a little dinky stand thing for it
A power brick
A bunch of manuals
Wii Sports

I hope I didn't forget anything.

Mario galaxy dec 2006 in japan? I thought nintendo moved it so somewhere in the first half of 2007?

Edit: Checked with a mate in japan, he says Mario wont be out until 2007.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back