• IBM RULES!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IBM at least kicks TSMC's arse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sage

13 short of a dozen
Regular
well folks, its official. i mentioned it quite some time ago back when we were discussing how crappy TSMC's .13 capabilities were but couldnt really say much then. IF nVidia can get a decent memory controller then just maybe they will have a fighting chance for the next round (NV40, NV35 is screwed vs. 9900 Pro 8) ) and maybe even come out on top again. now where was that IBM security pass..... lol i wish

Where's the option for "Nvidia couldn't engineer their way out of a paper bag" ?

Well NV and IBM working together haven't got any track record yet, so I'll wait and see.

I don't see how you drop a tried and true partner who despite a misstep has a consistent record of churning out the best GPU's in the world for the sirens song of IBM who promises a possible competitive advantage over your competition that may or may not materialize, and in fact you could be stuck with a much poorer GPU than your competition.
Nvidia certainly doesnt show much confidence in its engineers to be constantly searching for the tech advantage that will give them the easy victory.

yes what is an imb ?:)

also i never understood why nv didnt get intel and their mighty fabs to do some nv30 fabbing when they were stumbling over the move to .13 at tsmc
maybe the SNAP thingiemajig got in the way ?

Back