First G80 Graphics !

I think they should have used Tricia Helfer with a glowing Cylon pulse going up and down her spine in a backless dress.

p.s. the photos look like lame photoshop hacks. Hair looks totally photoshopped in first one. Looks like they took a real picture and pasted the face on.

p.s. the photos look like lame photoshop hacks. Hair looks totally photoshopped in first one. Looks like they took a real picture and pasted the face on.

The pics are almost a month old.
Is there a chance they were handed over to her on the spot, without post-production ?
I seem to recall something similar done on the Matrix (the movies) sequels, where they were doing real-time, on-the-spot manipulation of mocap faces.

That could explain the difference and relatively lame quality, right ?
Even Nalu and Luna had more detail on their faces.

Slide the scale over to "high quality" then :p

You mean slide it to 'quality', turn off the optimizations, sacrifice a cow, then hope to all 5 gods that the program will run, let alone not provide any puzzling or confusing errors that in no way relate to any functions of the program?

:devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

Is this a joke? I could draw a few lines on those pics to show where the real picture ends and where the bad photoshop job starts.

Well the first one is a poor mockery, there's absolutely no doubting that. But the second looks like a genuine render. They probably did the first one really early as a sort of 'what if?' design image, then produced the 'proper' render later down the track.

Both are renders from nvidia running on G80. I'd bet my mother on this. They look incredible; she looks creepy, but look at that lighting!

Sure, the second shot it. But just look at that first shot...the background, the necklace area. it's clearly a mockery of a real photo + CG face.

Second shot still looks fantastic though. But it can't beat Rubys lips :love:

Both are renders from nvidia running on G80. I'd bet my mother on this. They look incredible; she looks creepy, but look at that lighting!

Nothing, and I mean Nothing, is as creepy as Rachel from the Radeon 8500 demos. That chick stills gives me nightmares. "hi, my name is rachel" (with creepy assed I'm gonna eat your children smile)

The second one may be rendered but what we see is just a poor copy of a printed image (where the hell do these black spots come from? polygon holes?) ...

But anyway, it's still way behind Nalu, especially the eyes look quite crappy (might be the bad copy though). If you take a look at the images posted in the "The people behind DX10" from nVidia then I'm sure they can do *much* better than this. Plus I see no reason why they would drop hair-rendering, after the 6800 and 7800 demos features lots of hair (especially as Ruby never had long hair, good selling point against ATI ;) )...

Anyway, if this is the real quality they'll come out then they'll better have a kick-ass chip ...

I thought it was a pretty obvious photochop of dawn blended w/ target in first pic and dusk blended w/ target in second pic.... that's just me though.....

The second one may be rendered but what we see is just a poor copy of a printed image (where the hell do these black spots come from? polygon holes?) ...

My theory:

Look at the black splotches on the two pics. They are exactly the same shape and spacing.

Somebody took printed material and slapped it on a scanner with a dirty glass. Gotta be.

Looks like a RealDoll to me. So, what's all this fuss about? Everyone knows Crytek did faces better ages ago :)

Back