Wii pre-orders start FRIDAY at GS/EB [!!!]

Blade

Veteran
Friday morning. First come, first serve. Likely $50 down.

My local EB says they'll have at least 12 at launch.

*gets up on a scenic cliff* And thus the madness... *turns toward the camera* begins.

nowwaitaminutethere, all you little pesky preorderers!

what's with the preorders mania? why can't one just go out on the launch day and get in the line like a grown-up, wait some measly 1-2-3-4h time and by the god-given principle of the survival of the fittest, eventually get his deserved accolade. nooo, it has to be through a preorder, like a little wuss, behind the honest men's backs.

well, lemme tell you right out you won't be spoling my fun - i'm _not_ preordering! that's it!

and if i can't get my hands on two units on nov 19th as i'm planning to (one goes out to a friend in europe), you can expect one partucularly pissed darkblu to show up in this thread by noon EST on that same day. and you don't want that. trust me.

so watch out, little preorderers!

over and out.

what's with the preorders mania? why can't one just go out on the launch day and get in the line like a grown-up, wait some measly 1-2-3-4h time and by the god-given principle of the survival of the fittest, eventually get his deserved accolade. nooo, it has to be through a preorder, like a little wuss, behind the honest men's backs.

well, lemme tell you right out you won't be spoling my fun - i'm _not_ preordering! that's it!

and if i can't get my hands on two units on nov 19th as i'm planning to (one goes out to a friend in europe), you can expect one partucularly pissed darkblu to show up in this thread by noon EST on that same day. and you don't want that. trust me.

over and out.

Why not do both?

Naw, for Wii shouldn't have too many problems..theoretically.

But my brother worked for Best Buy and said they can never keep any system in stock around Christmas time, even old ones like PS2. Therefore, chances of Wii not being at least slightly short, are probably nil.
________
BUDDY VAPORIZER

Last edited by a moderator:

over and out.

I'm not one to care about launch numbers and getting a day one console and all that, but for something like the PS3, without pre-orders, they'd simply go to people who literally have no lives and could camp outside of the store in a lawn chair for 12 hours or more. I dont think thats very fair to people who have real commitments to school, family, friends, loved ones, jobs etc... You know, other things that might make sitting in a chair in front of a game store for half a day or more seem really quite extreme.

I will be pre-ordering thank you very much. For those of you with "stubborn pride";), if it makes you feel better you could pre-order, drive around to a couple different stores for a couple hours, or just camp out overnight...you know "for the experience" :p, that way you will feel like you accomplished something when you go to the real store to pick-up your unit.

Having said all that, If N* numbers are accurate I don't think we should have too much trouble finding them at the non-game stores

Got mine. :)

They had about 25-30 units allocated to my local EB. More than average, apparently, but my EB truly has a special following. Ken Levine (Irrational) shops there, and pretty much every gamer I know prefers them over the Gamestop that's in the same mall. The EB also seems more Nintendo-friendly, possibly explaining the extra units.

I pre-ordered mine months and months ago. :p Bet you're all real jealous of me! Or not, oh well...

In any case, maybe put some qualifiers on the subject line and in the post, like, "American pre-orders start FRIDAY"... The US isn't the entire world, after all.

I just pre-ordered mine (paid in full as well). I went to my local EB Games store and talk to a sales rep who stated that they were not taking pre-orders until tomorrow and that if I really wanted one I needed to be in line by at least 1AM in the morning. Especially since she also stated that the number of Wii's for this region would be small. I told her no thanks and that I would just go to Zellers and pre-order mine right now. And I did :)

Camp out --- you got to be crazy. But on a side note there were already 3 gents sitting outside the door of the EB store dressed in winter gear willing to brave to near sub-zero weather to be first in line for the PS3 pre-order.

BTW, I went with the Zellers deal and picked up Excite Truck and Raving Rabbits as well.

Back