360 Bundle: Prem + Dead Rising + TDU + Saints Row

I'm already having buyers remorse... But that was just too good to pass up. Thanks for the heads up.

Whats with these bundles? The consoles ain't selling alone? The games are taking space in the shelves without no one even taking a look at them? (Dead rising is a great game btw, can't say the same about Saints row but its because I'm bored with the GTA format quite heavily). Whatever is the case thats a great bundle.

Frankly MS must be taking massive losses on these bundles. Their sell-through rate is probably just not where they want it to be and they're trying to secure that 10 million console head-start cushion between themselves and PS3. And who knows, perhaps Wii as well with it's 'come out of nowhere' shipment volumes this holiday season.

Frankly MS must be taking massive losses on these bundles. Their sell-through rate is probably just not where they want it to be and they're trying to secure that 10 million console head-start cushion between themselves and PS3. And who knows, perhaps Wii as well with it's 'come out of nowhere' shipment volumes this holiday season.

MS has nothing to do with this. Fry's does deals like this all the time. I've gotten brand new games at half the price on release date.

not to mention that these are the current three most under rated games on the 360 with a near cult following for TDU.

many people are loving these three games although they go mostly unnoticed by the B3d "Games" section.

if you want this system, this is a STEAL.

I'm not so sure honestly, even though of course it's Fry's call to do this. But the consoles themselves are supposedly sold at cost by the retailers, right? So unless MS has dropped the sourcing price of the 360 for retailers - leading to higher losses for them - Fry's is being freaking *insane* here to be doing this deal. It's just... it's too much stuff trown in, and sold under standard console pricing? Something's *got* to be coming from MS on this one vs what retailers were paying nine months ago for the same consoles.

Well, we'll get a better sense of things come MS' quarter close.

Last edited by a moderator:
the deal is real and everybody should take it.
:cool:

all three games are very good. price is great.

I'm not so sure honestly, even though of course it's Fry's call to do this. But the consoles themselves are supposedly sold at cost by the retailers, right? So unless MS has dropped the sourcing price of the 360 for retailers - leading to higher losses for them - Fry's is being freaking *insane* here to be doing this deal.

Well, we'll get a better sense of things come MS' quarter close.

it's Fry's call

they have been doing crazy game pricing since day 1 and my guess is the SYSTEM is being sold at $40 off and the games are free.

it's Fry's call

they have been doing crazy game pricing since day 1 and my guess is the SYSTEM is being sold at $40 off and the games are free.

Well ok but... I mean what can this lead to for them but massive losses as people all over scoop the deal up? :p

That's just a lot of money to be leaving on the table to gain customers is all I'm saying. Even from the most aggressive of marketing standpoints, it's an extreme tactic in this market.

But anyway, it's of course a great deal. I stare in amazement at it. I bought a 360 recently as a wedding present for a friend and this just sort of leaves me feeling cheated. (well, not cheated... but you know the feeling I'm talking about)

Well ok but... I mean what can this lead to for them but massive losses as people all over scoop the deal up? :p

That's just a lot of money to be leaving on the table to gain customers is all I'm saying. Even from the most aggressive of marketing standpoints, it's an extreme tactic in this market.

But anyway, it's of course a great deal. I stare in amazement at it. I bought a 360 recently as a wedding present for a friend and this just sort of leaves me feeling cheated. (well, not cheated... but you know the feeling I'm talking about)

indeed... wierd... the only thing I can imagine is that it will be in short supply but the hits and exposure that they will get and the number of people who may continue to shop there in the future looking for "amazing deals" is probably worth it.

My point was that ONE retailer being an idiot is no time to be saying MS must be "dumping" systems.

Well, it won't say much about MS until other retailers do likewise. Hard to believe there would be a price cut / bundle from MS and only 1 retailer followed up on it. Now if in the next week Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, etc start doing packages like this then we know this is from MS.

I am still thinking someone goofed up? If not it would be loosely following the format of launch, bundle, price drop, bundles, price drop, etc

Maybe MS has a lot of refurbs to get rid of :p

Ps - Outpost has been known to do some deep loss leaders in the past, although $40 on the console alone seems nuts as well as the free games...

Well if something got me to buy Xbox360 it would be this bundle, however being a student I can't go out throwing money out of the window so I have to pass and keep on saving til next fall when MGS4 arrives, then I'll get to next-gen gaming. Someday when I have a job I'll buy Xbox360 aswell. :p

true, if that happens, then XB is probably right. :p

Well, I would disagree with this part to a degree:

Frankly MS must be taking massive losses on these bundles.

MS has already made some internal cost reduction moves in the last 10 months. It is cheaper to make a 360 now than it was in September/October 2005. That could easily account for $40. As for the bundles, I am not sure how much MS kicks in on those/waives their fees, but game sales do begin to slow quite a bit after the first month or two after release, and with a slew of big name holiday titles their time in the sun is closing fast. Getting a bump by being a packin can be good exposure (especially to people who may have overlooked the software) for sequals and increase overall sales of the titles, get the publisher a nice little shot of exposure and cash that would not be there otherwise, and can help move units (which in turn can aid future sequal sales). We know this much: MS isn't paying the publishers $50-$60 for those titles to be packed in. I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the $10-$20 range based on the above factors.

Of course I am expecting MS to do some packin deals soon, specifically with Kameo, PDZ, and PGR3 (MGS published games). We have already seen a $30 PGR3 & FM1 bundle and MS is already selling the titles I mentioned for $30.

I don't know where you guys live, but there's a Fry's within 20-30 minutes of practically anywhere here in Socal (for the most part). It's quite true, their prices can be insanely low so it's little surprise that they're selling this bundle . Check out any "Fry's Fridays" newspaper insert ad and you'll see some pretty amazing deals, some even better than Newegg.

I already own a 360, but this bundle can fetch almost double on eBay if I sold those items seperately. Damn I'm tempted!

Back