Upper "tab" above the HDD slot - Pics from Activision event

It's a rubber foot for resting the machine on when upright.

Looks like if you take it out, there's a screw underneath, which is why it's a little bit oversized - and our debugs all have stickers covering it so Sony can tell if we're naughty and try dismantling it.

they really need to dust their office or somthing lol. not just the ps3 was dusty but the peice of AV equipment under it was pretty dusty as well. I'm really wondering what a ps3 looks like under all that plastic, just to see whats keeping it low temp. and quiet.

Looks like if you take it out, there's a screw underneath, which is why it's a little bit oversized - and our debugs all have stickers covering it so Sony can tell if we're naughty and try dismantling it.

Uh-oh. Secret non-disclosed info leaked !

/runs from Sony ninjas

Speaking of which, that panel is what releases the Sony Mini-njas (patent pending) to cut the wires to any competing devices.

I wouldn't mind a casual snapshot with a well visible wattmeter attached to a running PS3. I suggest it being an entirely coincidal background to an "employee of the month" portrait.

That's right everyone, I'm breaking my NDA! The PS3 has little rubber feet, and is held together... with... screws!

Bring it on, NDA enforcing super-ninjas! I'm not frightened!

Stop covering it up, this is where you put the vial of plutonium. You guys think that 4th dimension is gonna run using plain 'ol electricity? (well maybe a bolt of lightning)

;)

I was waaaay off; I thought it was a cover for the slot that lets you upgrade the memory with a 4MB expansion PAK.

I wouldn't mind a casual snapshot with a well visible wattmeter attached to a running PS3. I suggest it being an entirely coincidal background to an "employee of the month" portrait.
I'd click to see that. :)

In this months EDGE they get to test out Evolutions PS3 and say that it is very quite indeed, due to lots of soundproofing material. It is hot at the vents and the glossy finish gets messy really quickly. They only negative I could see from the article was the quality of the plastics, they say the flap that opens up is of very quality, worst they have seen on a console.

It's good I have lots of those vinyl examination gloves in reserve, must remember to put a pair of them on before I unpack it to avoid getting the virgin surface it covered all over with fingerprints.
After I get it in place, I don't think I'll need to move it around much, so it should stay pretty clan and shiny.

Back