EB Employee plays PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come now, use some common sense....

Now you're stretching regarding the AA comment. If you do things within the correct requirements you may get the benefits from the platform. Anyway, NOT every PS3 game will come with 1080p, some will support it native, some will upscale to that res. It's a resoloution change, there's nothing I can see in the PS3 that would give it some sort of "resoloution advantage" in this regard.

The prots you mention if they do look any different at all it could be attributed to more development time since the PS3 versions of most multiplatform games are coming out later.

What common sense? Common sense for what? And the developers themselves seem to be saying that they can do things on the PS3 just a tad bit better than the 360 for that same game so....I don't know man.

And it's obvious that the PS3 does have a resolution advantage right now. That much is very obvious.

I want to say this: if the Talladega Nights rumor is true - then awesome! That movie is hilarious, and a great fit for the PS3 initial target demographic. I've been hoping for a BD pack-in, and this would be a great one for me.

Will Farrell = Gold

You sir, are a lunatic...:p

What common sense? Common sense for what? And the developers themselves seem to be saying that they can do things on the PS3 just a tad bit better than the 360 for that same game so....I don't know man.
PS3 developers? Wow, what a surprise. Cross platform titles that are/were released on 360 first with more time for polish on the PS3? Wow, what a surprise.

And it's obvious that the PS3 does have a resolution advantage right now. That much is very obvious.
Obvious how? 1080p support? I'll give you that one, until it is enabled on the 360 so that both consoles can render equally crappy/cheesy games at 1080p/60. Otherwise, 1080i is the same as 1080p/30.

Rainbow Six Vegas Dev comments on 360/PS3 versions:

Taken from Games Radar, from Edge magazine:

"Further to the Edge comments this month about how much better Call Of Duty 3 looks on 360 in comparison to the PS3 version, I noticed this in GamesTM this month On Rainbow Six Vegas.....

'' .....a chat with the Ubisoft development team shed a little light on he matter."All I'm able to say is that we're looking to ship on PS3 as well but we're not having specific content.....we're developing with 360 as our main development platform and porting to PS3 means that there's less memory available for us to use, but we're trying to minimise any drop in quality"..Such comments sugget that the gap in performance between Playstation3 and Xbox 360 is nowhere near as powerful as some would like us to believe and that the console may even be less able than Microsoft's..."

They also go on to say that only the 360 version will feature the face mapping technolgy and that their are no plans for PS3/PSP linkage or to use the sixaxis tilt technology.
"

More comments from the EB Games thingie:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4502474&postcount=300

I'm not going to read this whole thread, but I disagree with the OP about PS3 vs. 360. I felt that 360 games at the event looked noticeably better than PS3 games, and had more consistent framerates as well. I'm not going to name specific games until the embargo is up (signed NDAs).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4502529&postcount=306

There was only one game I felt had a framerate problem, and it was on PS3.

I wonder if this distinct PS3 look that keeps being mentioned is simply something like Digital Vibrance rather than some inherent advantage in programmable shader power.

Put VT beside Heavenly Sword. What do you think?

We are comparing a sports game to heavenly sword now? Hell nba2k7 looks amazing but it wouldnt be right to compare it to a game in a completely different genre. Point is, VT3 looks pretty damn good for a game in it's genre (read: tennis/sports games), yeah its not epic action game, but it doesnt need to be.

how stuff like this doesnt look great is beyond me...
http://images.playsyde.com/gallery/public/4089/894_0001.jpg

I mean just look at the comments on this very board when the game was first seen..
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?p=742996#post742996
All of a sudden its a crap game, sorry I dont buy that. It's an arcade port yes, but it still looks great.

We are comparing a sports game to heavenly sword now? Hell nba2k7 looks amazing but it wouldnt be right to compare it to a game in a completely different genre. Point is, VT3 looks pretty damn good for a game in it's genre (read: tennis/sports games), yeah its not epic action game, but it doesnt need to be.

how stuff like this doesnt look great is beyond me...
http://images.playsyde.com/gallery/public/4089/894_0001.jpg

I mean just look at the comments on this very board when the game was first seen..
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?p=742996#post742996
All of a sudden its a crap game, sorry I dont buy that. It's an arcade port yes, but it still looks great.

360 Screen? ;)

Sure it looks great for a Tennis game (is that really saying much?). But it doesn't hold a candle to the majority of 720p games out there. I wonder why is that? How much better could it have looked if the Devs had focused on beefing up the graphics at 720p resolution instead? Games targeting 1080p resolution are obviously having to make sacrifices and for what?

Rainbow Six Vegas Dev comments on 360/PS3 versions:

Taken from Games Radar, from Edge magazine:

"Further to the Edge comments this month about how much better Call Of Duty 3 looks on 360 in comparison to the PS3 version, I noticed this in GamesTM this month On Rainbow Six Vegas.....

'' .....a chat with the Ubisoft development team shed a little light on he matter."All I'm able to say is that we're looking to ship on PS3 as well but we're not having specific content.....we're developing with 360 as our main development platform and porting to PS3 means that there's less memory available for us to use, but we're trying to minimise any drop in quality"..Such comments sugget that the gap in performance between Playstation3 and Xbox 360 is nowhere near as powerful as some would like us to believe and that the console may even be less able than Microsoft's..."

They also go on to say that only the 360 version will feature the face mapping technolgy and that their are no plans for PS3/PSP linkage or to use the sixaxis tilt technology.
"

The PS3 has 512 mb of RAM right? Really, and honestly, how hard is it to use XDR via the FLEX I/O? Or is this simply a different case for Ubisoft because they want an easier port and PS3's architecture is turning into a nuissance for them?

360 Screen? ;)

Sure it looks great for a Tennis game (is that really saying much?). But it doesn't hold a candle to the majority of 720p games out there. I wonder why is that? How much better could it have looked if the Devs had focused on beefing up the graphics at 720p resolution instead? Games targeting 1080p resolution are obviously having to make sacrifices and for what?

:LOL: So now the game looks bad for a next-gen game? God you guys are so predictable.

Maybe it's much harder to make the game look way better than it is to up the resolution. But it's okay because due the higher resolution the graphics now should be compared top premired AAA PS3 titles.

And when did this game started to be looked upon as weak graphically?

49836200609081629260bigem8.jpg

498362006090816293410bigun5.jpg

498362006090816293815bigni0.jpg

498362006090816300137bigei0.jpg

I wonder if this distinct PS3 look that keeps being mentioned is simply something like Digital Vibrance rather than some inherent advantage in programmable shader power.

My bet is on AF it seems to be a reoccurring theme with 360

dude... step away from the computer... really

this isn't Neogaf but it's starting to sound like it.

Explain why I should "step" away from the computer. You have two guys comparing a tennis game to an action title, yet you tell me to step away from the computer. :rolleyes:

Did you even read my post? I was comparing resolutions not any specific titles.

If you feel VT is a AAA just because of 1080p be my guest.

Did you even read my post? I was comparing resolutions not any specific titles.

If you feel VT is a AAA just because of 1080p be my guest.

I don't think VT3 is AAA. But I think it is a great Tennis game that also looks great, that just so happens to be rendered in 1080p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back