looks like Ubisoft's Naruto game is an action and/or RPG game, based on job posting

If this game turns out good and is an action RPG I'm going to have to get it, I'm a sucker for that particular genre. The concept art certainly looks interesting.

Heck i might buy one too if it's exclusive!!

If they cover the manga storyline it would be sweet... it's just that the story is not finished yet so it will almost feel like an unfinished game....?

There is plenty of stuff up to when Sasuke joins Orochimaru, (if it does well there could be room for a sequel) I'm surprised this is going to be 360 exclusive though, the PS crowd would have flocked to this game for sure.

Any one know if Ubisoft plan to target Japan with this or not, would seem odd if they didn't.

I'm sure they do. Even though Naruto is getting big over here, it's f-ing HUUUUGE over there! :)

Still doing filler though... :???:

I wonder if those fillers will be incorporated heavily in the game... like the anime is...
Would still buy it regardless :)

To be 100% honest, i'm not too sure why they would keep this an exclusive on 360, making those 3 people who have one in Japan happy, and the other millions who want a Wii or a PS3 very very unhappy.

I'd understand if this was a US franchise, but Naruto is very big in Japan.

To be 100% honest, i'm not too sure why they would keep this an exclusive on 360, making those 3 people who have one in Japan happy, and the other millions who want a Wii or a PS3 very very unhappy.

Well MS probably played a hand in it being exclusive, and if the rumours of the 100k blue dragon bundles selling out, then 360 should be at least 250-300k installed in JPN by the end of the year. I think they just passed around 150k sold.

I thought [anime] Naruto's rating in Japan is going down hill due to all the fillers? Anyway, I like Narutimate 2 and 3 for the PS2, but I played the action/adventure RPG, Uzumaki Ninden, and didn't realy like it. I don't remember the last time any dev put so much effort on a manga/anime base games.

.Z

Well MS probably played a hand in it being exclusive, and if the rumours of the 100k blue dragon bundles selling out, then 360 should be at least 250-300k installed in JPN by the end of the year. I think they just passed around 150k sold.

MS might have paid them a whole lot, cause this game would have PS2, DS and PSP written all over it...

I thought [anime] Naruto's rating in Japan is going down hill due to all the fillers?
Well the "treasure pot" filler arc ended Tuesday so I'm hopeful that they'll return to the manga next week, but I've been hopeful like that for over a year now. :(

Then again, the anime forums are all a buzz that it's going to go back to the manga soon so who knows....the silhouette in the opening is definitely the older Naruto.

Once Naruto gets back on the manga the ratings will go thru the roof, the next couple of arcs in the manga rock. :)

it seems like it has to do with the licenses to make Naruto games;
Mr. Pointy said:
Bandai only have the Naruto licence for Sony systems and Tomy have the Nintendo licence. Ubi probably have the Microsoft licence.
[source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107870 ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back