The Big Forza 2 Thread *

hey guys! just arrange a "b3d race night" and take a break from offline career leveling chores :p .
if you need monies, hire a driver like Ito to race for you on an endurance race that you can provide him the advantage (ex. S class with your S998 car, easy difficulty), and you'll receive around 100.000cr each time if you set it right.
even better, make something nice and sell it in the auction house and become rich.

this game is a lot of fun and does so many things right, you just have to take it the right way. :)

:arrow: btw, I love that f430 Mark. can I have one?

I agree. It's like they cut most of my favorite tracks. I'm really missing the point-to-point races (Fujimi Kaido!) and some of the regular tracks like Blue Mountains and Alpine Ring. I'm hoping that they left those out so that they can include them in some DLC at a later point (good news is that new DLC is coming very soon, hopefully there's something there).

The car sorting/searching feature also took a huge step back from Forza1 too. It wasn't perfect then either, but it was a hell of a lot easier to find a car in your garage than it is in Forza2.

I'm also dumbfounded that for a relatively serious racing sim they have no cockpit camera view at all.

Anyway, here's my first attempt at custom paint... B3D themed of course...

Oops, new DLC. Sweet, that's good news. I have saved a lot of MS points just for the DLC of this game.

Regarding the tracks you did mention, I wasn't a big fan of Kaido but it was an excellent track for drifters, which I am not, and had excellent graphics.

Alpine Ring was also good, better than Kaido in my opinion. Even so, my favourite was, without the slightest doubt, Blue Mountains. In my eyes, there was something special about BM. The colorful landscape, the huge draw distance, those blue kerbs, elevation changes, challenging and progressive turns....

If they don't add Blue Mountains as DLC :( its bloody brilliant real life version, Bathurst, would be nice because given the current technology they could accurately capture the feel of this track, particularly the scenary from up top "The Mountain", which is so fantastic. Realistiic elevation changes, draw distance, dips and bumps are not a problem nowadays, Nurburgring is an example of this.

There I've also had some of my best times playing FM1, against the AI. Too bad the AI tended to be quite agressive, specially in tight races and narrow technical tracks like Blue Mountains.

I am wondering if, once Turn 10 add new tracks via DLC, they could integrate them in the Career mode replacing some original ones. Specially those annoying King Cobra variants in Proving Grounds series races.

Neat design, btw. I'm trying to complete a design like this one; http://i.eurosport.com/2007/03/14/344491.jpg .

I prefer real race car designs over comics and animes. Graham's Audi is pretty good. Taking into account the tools FM2 provides, Ostepop's designs are great from an artistic point of view, although I don't like anime a bit but something more natural; Charlize Theron, Scarlett Johanson, etc. Anyway, wish I had the talent of either designers.

Rys, actually correct. It's quite ironic I suppose, the game automatically asume the suckers must be behind on the grid line-up while those cars that are born under a lucky star are put at the front positions.

I still love this game, though. Specially now that I am not under the boring, creepy, soulless, worthless, mindless Proving Grounds effect anymore.

Even if the Career Mode has its flaws, the game makes up for them with features like mechanical setups, the realistic feeling of every change on your car's settings, car's graphics, smoothness, etc.

Let me tell you what my dreamed Career Mode is --I'd like to start from scratch and to be a part of a team, not some random individual who collects a lot of expensive cars throughout a Career mode, I'd love to get attached to my cars, dynamic weather, nocturnal races, actual real-time communication with your team's engineers and staff, up to 12+ cars on screen (AI should be tweaked a bit to be as clean as possible) plus other features I can't remember of.

As for playing online, B3D people are more than welcome. Sounds fun and, as Mark, I'm also up for that. As weird as it sounds, I never played this game online, not even once. I tried, though.

Time ago I moved the router to a different location, the signal level went from excellent to average and it's sometimes unstable now.

I am limited to an 1MB DSL connection because I live in a mountanious, very rainy, isolated area -40 inhabitants village-, in the Northwest of Spain (my mother is Spaniard, my father was Irish).

The ashen guy in this photo taken at dusk -6:00 P.M. aprox.- it's me 5 months ago. It was a rainy and dark day so I got PRETTY soaked. I was pointing at a poor dead horse that wolves have killed.

Back on topic, while I am an intermediate player I am not that bad making adjustments to the cars. I have a 549 P.I. C class FWD car that's both fun to drive, fast and even quite competitive against some B Class cars. Most importantly, it's fast on corners because its great grip and responsiveness. I'm very proud of it. My car is super glue.

Time ago I've played with and made some great British (even American) friends and didn't experience lag at all.

Nowadays.., I don't know, lag is a concern for me so I barely play on Xbox Live.

scooby_dooby, I noticed this also. The AI doesn't crash as often, which is realistic, but I believe they toned down some human like maneuvers (very typical of Forza) to compensate that. A balance between both approaches would be great.

Ostepop, afaik, as you go on in Career mode things get tougher and tougher. That's the way difficulty used to be in FM1.

Cheers m8

I would definately be up for a B3D racing get together.

I'd love to have a go in either C or A class (but il play anything ofcourse). S class is a bit to fast for me (no assists is hard when things go to fast ).

Speaking of C class, i dunno what i have done with my Porsche 944T, but its perfect. Winning like 50-60% of all C class races i enter (unless i get spun out), and 30% of the time i get second or third.

Speaking of C class, i dunno what i have done with my Porsche 944T, but its perfect. Winning like 50-60% of all C class races i enter (unless i get spun out), and 30% of the time i get second or third.

hey, I thought I was very alone in using 944t on C. very good all around choice for me too :cool:

38436ecc4b9cc8f212c16f51b6f9a8fa.jpg

and Ostepop, no matter how well you do in the offline career, remember that there are always plenty of difficult opponents on live.

now for the first time you meet up online, I'd suggest you guys don't bother with what class/length. just fool around, see each others custom cars, have some fun in general :D there is plenty of time to get serious later on.
meeting up is step one. :cool:

Possible car list of new downloadable cars leaked:

1970 Dodge Challenger
Audi Sport Quattro
1966 Lamborghini Miura P400
2007 Nissan 350z
2007 Nissan Altima
2007 Nissan Sentra
Porsche 997 RS
2007 Saturn Sky
2007 Civic Type-R
2006 Civic Si
Mazda MX-5 07
#8 Peugeot 908
#007 DBR9
#8 Audi R10

Even if the Career Mode still has its flaws that need to be adressed in the future, the new features in FM2 are a drastic improvement upon its predecessor in some regards.

I play FM2 on a regular basis (I'm lvl 30) and it is definitely growing on me again.

A great thing about this list is that there're going to be two diesel cars (Audi R10 and Peugeot 908) in the game thus far.

Not much but.... I guess it's a start of something new. I'd love to hear the sound of the engine and it'd be great if the fuel economy of the diesel plays a role in pit strategies but that, I know, is unlikely.

We need new tracks, too. Spa and A1 Ring are among my favourites because both tracks are very, very technical.

Not much but.... I guess it's a start of something new. I'd love to hear the sound of the engine and it'd be great if the fuel economy of the diesel plays a role in pit strategies but that, I know, is unlikely.

Do you like diesel cars for some reason?

There's plenty to like about diesel cars, especially these days. And now that they are starting to become cleaner, they are really becoming superior to regular fuel cars in just about every way.

There's plenty to like about diesel cars, especially these days. And now that they are starting to become cleaner, they are really becoming superior to regular fuel cars in just about every way.

Meh, diesel cars are good for getting low gas milage and for towing things.

This is ofcourse personal bias because i currently drive and will allways drive proper cars.

Here in Norway, "everybody" is on a diesel shopping spree because our goverment decided to tax cars for CO2 emitions, thus making diesel cars cheap, and gasoline cars more expensive (kinda ironic tho, because the stuff coming out of diesel engines is far worse than CO2). Its fun tho, because now when you diesel versions of expensive cars, your called cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good question. IRL I didn't like diesel or gasoline-burning cars since I was a kid because they were (are) polluting agents.

I somewhat changed my mind as I was aging but anyways, I've seen and driven some competent diesel cars that are virtually indistinguishable from their gasoline siblings. Modern diesel engines are as efficient -if not more- as gasoline engines because diesel fuel contains more energy. With new exhaust cleaning technologies and low sulfur diesel fuel, diesels' contamination is not the problem it was in the past.

Old diesel cars and diesel fuel are a different matter, though. They add something different to the game (there're not diesel cars in FM2 at all, afaik)

Cheers

I would agree that diesel is a good choice if your buying a slow car to begin with. To be honest i would probably buy a diesel if i was forced to buy something like that. If your buying a slow car, or a non-luxury family car, i can definately see a lot of pro's for diesels.

Recently drove a m8s BMW 530 diesel, wasn't to shabby, shame it completely worthless at high RPM compared to the gasoline version.

I would agree that diesel is a good choice if your buying a slow car to begin with. To be honest i would probably buy a diesel if i was forced to buy something like that. If your buying a slow car, or a non-luxury family car, i can definately see a lot of pro's for diesels.

Recently drove a m8s BMW 530 diesel, wasn't to shabby, shame it completely worthless at high RPM compared to the gasoline version.
Dunno if this car is turbocharged or not, tbh, but most current diesels are. Was it?

Diesel engines are good for quick "off the line" acceleration because of their twisting power since they produce a lot of low speed torque (in a rather narrow range of engine speeds, though). If the car is turbocharged, this feature helps to improve performance to something more like what you're used to from gasoline engines but probably car's weight plays a role.

Gasoline cars still have an edge there.

Cheers m8

Last edited by a moderator:

So what? high RPM only burns more fuel and make loud sounds YIPPEEE!... In terms of real performance Diesel holds it's own quite fine.

BMW has a very nice selection of diesel and gasoline engines nowadays, they seem to be quite a lot ahead of the other guys these days when performance and low fuel consumption is considered, especially with their 4 and 6 cylinder engines. 530i and 535d have very impressive engines

That's the thing though. If you take a diesel to the track, after a while you will see that any (these days small) performance advantage a regular engine has at high rpm is negated by the fact that a diesel engine these days has almost linear power from sub 2000 to the red-line. You can often even use a few less gears. Same sized diesel engines bring more power to the table these days, and in the end, that leads to better laptimes. Combine that with better fuel economy to boost, and I think diesel engines have a bright future even in high-performance racing.

To me, the first eye-opener was testing the BWM 120i versus the 120d.

That's the thing though. If you take a diesel to the track, after a while you will see that any (these days small) performance advantage a regular engine has at high rpm is negated by the fact that a diesel engine these days has almost linear power from sub 2000 to the red-line. You can often even use a few less gears. Same sized diesel engines bring more power to the table these days, and in the end, that leads to better laptimes. Combine that with better fuel economy to boost, and I think diesel engines have a bright future even in high-performance racing.

To me, the first eye-opener was testing the BWM 120i versus the 120d.

You have now some sport model in diesel, like Megane RS Dci http://www.renault-sport.com/en/gamme/meganersdci.php.
The torque was their strenght…

Back