The Big Forza 2 Thread *

Can someone tell me how the red ring got there on the disc (I guess it was burned due to high speed brake). It's not symmetric, what happened? The other car has the red ring symmetric, however.

If you watch race cars you'll see that their brake discs will start to glow red from the extreme heat of repeated, heavy braking. The rear of the disc is partially obscured by the brake calipers. It's actually there on both cars, but more prevalent on the car in the foreground.

If you watch race cars you'll see that their brake discs will start to glow red from the extreme heat of repeated, heavy braking. The rear of the disc is partially obscured by the brake calipers. It's actually there on both cars, but more prevalent on the car in the foreground.

I know that. But why is the glow red not symmetric? It's almost gone into the rim itself.

And it is partially occluded by the central spoke thingy (hub?), which could be whats making it look asymmetric.

I know that. But why is the glow red not symmetric? It's almost gone into the rim itself.

What are you talking about? It's round. It's red. It's evenly red. The rear of the disc is obscured by the caliper. What is "not symmetric" that you think should be?

Looks great, and they've definitely come a long way. :) I really dig the glowing/heating of the brakes there too.

Btw, am I the only one here thinking they need to release screenshots taken during gameplay (hud & in-game camera)? :| As cool as the angled shots are, I just want to see how the game will look as I would play it. One or two screens...I hope I'm not asking for a lot.

Man the shots sent out for this game are so up and down. Some look mega-hot, while others look very dull. I guess only time will tell.

May 29th is the confirmed new release date for the game. Here are some pics from the latest build:

DSCN1893.jpg

DSCN1899.jpg

DSCN1895.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the lighting in the first pic, but the reflections in the second pic look funneh =x (its just the way it was shot I suppose :cry: )

I see you've added a third pic :p . My favorite of the 3. The lighting and reflections are fantastic! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
How did they get the clouds to look so realistic??? Watch the 720P video from 1:10 to about 1:30 to get an idea of what I mean.

Seriously, if you're not impressed with that video, not sure what sort of expectations you have!

Back