Nokia N95 + other graphics related stuff

Oh, one more clarification - OpenVG API is not exposed to developers at this stage.

That's too bad, because running on an ARM11, it would be reasonably fast. Hopefully you guys will expose OpenVG and also vendor API extensions.

Mobile Pirates video review of N95

Hope you can close it again when the MP3 player is running. That would be a silly oversight, considering they added other subtle things like the automatic menu orientation.

Seems like a fantastic device, although I have a fearful view on humans relying far too much on gadgets, until we are no longer able to cope on our own if they or their infrastructures go down. For another thread, perhaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from the Symbian Smart Phone show in London, and got to play with an N95. It seems to be a "home run" of a device: very small and remarkably light, as others have commented. Really looking forward to programming on one of these devices when they become available.

Will the camera on this phone have auto focus?

I have an N80 right now and even though it has a 3MP camera it's not as great in taking pictures...

coz It doesn't have auto focus...

and photos that are taken with it isn't that great unless you have really steady hands or you're using something to hold it in place.

Will the camera on this phone have auto focus?

I have an N80 right now and even though it has a 3MP camera it's not as great in taking pictures...

coz It doesn't have auto focus...

and photos that are taken with it isn't that great unless you have really steady hands or you're using something to hold it in place.

Yes, N95 has auto-focus and mechanical shutter.

Now Shipping in UK

Nokia N95 has now started shipping in the UK:

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/3326044/Nokia_N95_Sim_Free_Unlocked_Mobile_Phone/Product.html

3326044x.jpg

K-

Product.html

That phone is the dogs nads.

Hopefully by the time my contract runs out, three will be offering them. (although I doubt it as they are about 3 generations behind on all their handsets :rolleyes:)

Back