Lost Odyssey
Mistwalker (Feel+ Plus) / Microsoft Game Studios
Xbox 360

and

Blue Dragon
Mistwalker (Artoon) / Microsoft Game Studios
Xbox 360

3. White Knight Story
Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Studio (Level-5)
PlayStation 3

4. Lost Planet
Capcom
Xbox 360

5. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 4
Capcom
Nintendo DS

6. Lair
Sony Computer Entertainment (Factor 5)
PlayStation 3

7. Devil May Cry 4
Capcom
PlayStation 3

8. Virtua Fighter 5
Sega (AM2)
PlayStation 3

9. Monster Kingdom: Unknown Realms
Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Studio (Game Republic)
PlayStation 3

10. Earth Defense Force 3
D3 Publisher (Sandlot)
Xbox 360

11. Tales of the Tempest
Namco (Tales Studio) / Bandai-Namco Games
Nintendo DS

12. Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
Square-Enix (TOSE)
Nintendo DS

13. Yakuza 2
Sega
PlayStation 2

14. Sonic the Hedgehog
Sega (Sonic Team)
Wii

15. Sega Ages 2500: Monster World Collection
Sega
PlayStation 2

16. Culdecept Saga
Sega (Omiya Soft)
Xbox 360

17. Gundam Operation Troy
Bandai (Dimps) / Bandai-Namco
Xbox 360

18. Luminous Arc
Marvelous Interactive (Imagepoch)
Nintendo DS

19. Paperman
Cykan
PC

20. Trusty Bell
Namco (tri-Crescendo) / Bandai-Namco Games
Xbox 360

very interesting how good games can push a platform

there are a true possibility that MGS4 can reach the market in the 2008, I think this is the reason why this is not in the top 20 games in this moment
Well, he does say "in development right now" rather than "within a year of release" or anything like that.

there are a true possibility that MGS4 can reach the market in the 2008, I think this is the reason why this is not in the top 20 games in this moment

As long as it's still stated as 2007 is there any reason to think otherwise? Have you seen the gameplay videos of gundam? I'm sure they could have found a better replacement for that game.

with gundam on there and no mgs4, it really makes me wonder where Tim Rogers's mind is at.

Not to mention Ridge Racer not being on there either, which impressed a lot of people, and Resistance, Gran Turismo, oh well. I don't know what this list is about really. And let's not put any PSP games on here either.

I haven't seen this biased a list from someone who claims to be unbiased in a long time ...

Sure, I could see some reasons for being impressed with the 360s showing, but ...

so arwin you say that this is a biased list because the top four choices are simply the best looking and most polished games?
ah, I wouldnt like to forget that they are NEW!!

not ridge no.7, not devil no.4, not gt no.4 (but now in HD), not golf no.5, not vf no.5,
but original titles!
and they are looking pretty sweet.
now, that must worth something, doesnt it?

It's worth pointing out this list is Next-gen's choice. They indicate there was a show floor survey for the best titles which was a very different story...

In alphabetical order of Japanese title

Gran Turismo HD
The Eye of Judgment
the 3D remake of Tales of Destiny for PlayStation 2
Elebits for Nintendo Wii
Seiken Densetsu 4 for PlayStation 2
Monster Hunter 2 for PSP
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops for PSP
and Gyakuten Saiban (Phoenix Wright) 4 for Nintendo DS.

The one that stands out for me is Eye of Judgement. From it's first E3 showing I was thinking this could be big in Japan. It obviously got more interest from the public than FFXIII, WKS, LO, BD, and all those other 'big' titles that the western media have been gagging over as Japanese blockbusters.

I think the real take-home message here is - 'next-gen? We don't need no stinkin' next-gen!'

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen this biased a list from someone who claims to be unbiased in a long time ...
How can it be biased if it's got games from all sorts of platforms? I think you're confusing personal preference and opinions with bias. the fact this list doesn't match with a list you'd draw up doesn't mean the reason for those differences are biases (to a platform. He may be biased to new IPs, say)

It's worth pointing out this list is Next-gen's choice. They indicate there was a show floor survey for the best titles which was a very different story...

In alphabetical order of Japanese title

Gran Turismo HD
The Eye of Judgment
the 3D remake of Tales of Destiny for PlayStation 2
Elebits for Nintendo Wii
Seiken Densetsu 4 for PlayStation 2
Monster Hunter 2 for PSP
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops for PSP
and Gyakuten Saiban (Phoenix Wright) 4 for Nintendo DS.

The one that stands out for me is Eye of Judgement. From it's first E3 showing I was thinking this could be big in Japan. It obviously got more interest from the public than FFXIII, WKS, LO, BD, and all those other 'big' titles that the western media have been gagging over as Japanese blockbusters.

I think the real take-home message here is - 'next-gen? We don't need no stinkin' next-gen!'

I think the message is very different. I think it's actually "Next gen? I'm waiting...". The "next gen" already started with the X360, but they just don't care for whatever reason which we are discussing elsewhere. As soon as Wii and PS3 games are available and in concrete form, the story will change.

I would change only two things in his list to fit in my tastes.
I put Motostorm in the place 6 instead of LAIR and i throw out of the list Gundam and put LAIR in its place.
I agree with the rest.

I think the message is very different. I think it's actually "Next gen? I'm waiting...". The "next gen" already started with the X360, but they just don't care for whatever reason which we are discussing elsewhere. As soon as Wii and PS3 games are available and in concrete form, the story will change.
If the voted-for titles didn't include any next-gen titles, I'd agree with you. But we see there's two next-gen titles voted for, we see GTHD and EOJ. This shows the votes were for everything on show, including PS3 titles, and soon-to-be-released XB360 JRPGs (okay, assumption there. What are the chances the survey had limited options? Or the top eleven were only just above the bottom 564 in interest?), and the public were still turning their noses up. And heck, GTHD is the least next-gen of all titles! Just being another GT seems enough cause for interest.

I'm sure if you or I were at that show, our top title would be some subset of the next-gen list give or take a few, as we're keen on this next-gen look. But it seems the Japanese at the moment are happy to stick with the current gen.

Well i love the look and feel of that Tinkerbell game (can't remember the name, it's the cell shaded one) for 360.. Which in europe will be renamed to a very silly name with "eternal" in it.

Well i love the look and feel of that Tinkerbell game (can't remember the name, it's the cell shaded one) for 360.. Which in europe will be renamed to a very silly name with "eternal" in it.

I guess, you mean Trusty Bells: Chopin's Dream.

Maybe it's more of an indication that many are interested in PS3, yet there still isn't really enough to get that excited about since the launch is still around two months away and with the low shipping numbers, chances are that many will get their hands on one is pretty slim anyway. I guess the anticipation is somewhat similar to what I am feeling at the moment; I know I won't be playing on a PS3 until mid next year, so I'm far more interested in high profile games still coming out for PS2 (or PSP) that will keep me entertained until then.

Despite PS2 being out now since over 6.5 years, it still has plenty of life in it and lots of healthy support coming its way. Next-gen is really too early and for me, hasn't started yet (no offence to Xbox360 fans and owners - I just don't share the "next-gen" feel you're experiencing yet).

Maybe it's more of an indication that many are interested in PS3, yet there still isn't really enough to get that excited about since the launch is still around two months away and with the low shipping numbers, chances are that many will get their hands on one is pretty slim anyway.
If availability were the issue, why's EOJ and GT make an appearance in that list? If there weren't any next-gen titles, I could believe this list was general buying interest or the like. The presence of next-gen titles shows the list is open to interest in titles at least coming soon on next-gen platforms. If they voted for EOJ, why didn't they vote for BD or TB (Eternal Sonata in US -good guess LB!) when they're just as available. Okay, that can be answered by 'XB360', and there's nothing readily available on PS3 at launch that's Japanese-centric. I guess interest in FFXIII and WKS and the like was high in the voting because they're a way off. Out of what was shown, there were only two (or one and a half) next-gen titles that mattered in that market.

Still, it seems EOJ is a top next-gen title for those who attended TGS out of everything that's available. I wonder what it would have been like had Nintendo shown?

Back