FFXIII screens, trailers, etc*

That scene has been confirmed real-time for months and months now. It was obvious even before... that model is distinctly different from the CG model and is, in fact, exactly like the "battle" model (though obviously zoomed in with better lighting and such given that is a cutscene and not "gameplay").

Wait... FF13 is coming out in 2007?

I do not believe that for one millionth of a billionth of a second.

As much as i'd love that to happen, i just don't believe it. Not even i see the finished game on the shelves this year. I'll think i'm high - which is happening more and more often these days!

Wasn't FFXIII in development for PS2? IIRC the story goes that it was, and after doing the FFVII Cell demo, they couldn't go back to PS3. Thus the game is half a port, and if they had highres source material already being worked on, the actual development time might be a year to 18 months plus the time from now to launch. Normally FF's don't have such a 'fast' turnaround. FFXII was launched March last year, so 18 months to the next installment, and a double dose at that, doesn't seem likely. But then again, maybe SE are stepping up development speeds to milk FF fans for even more money? :devilish:

Wait... FF13 is coming out in 2007?

I do not believe that for one millionth of a billionth of a second.

As much as i'd love that to happen, i just don't believe it. Not even i see the finished game on the shelves this year. I'll think i'm high - which is happening more and more often these days!

Remember there's usually a 1 year lag between the Japanese version and the English one. It may come out in 2007 in Japan and a year later in the states. I definetely see something like that as possible.

Remember there's usually a 1 year lag between the Japanese version and the English one. It may come out in 2007 in Japan and a year later in the states. I definetely see something like that as possible.
Given that it's on Blu-ray they may take the advantage of the capacity by filling it with multiple language tracks.

Given that it's on Blu-ray they may take the advantage of the capacity by filling it with multiple language tracks.

I fully expect them to in the American version. That doesn't mean the Japanese version won't come out early if it's ready. Maybe this time they'll develop both versions simultaneously, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

As there's no region lock, if they provide English translation they've covered the UK and NA from day one. And if they do that, why not add in a few other languages.

As long as the game is designed with international standards and can be got through the national red-tapes of the EU, there shouldn't be a huge delay. Fingers crossed PS3 manages to elliminate a lot of that. Either that, or Sony should release a Learn Japanese application to enable us to all play FF on import and not bother about regionalisations :p

As there's no region lock, if they provide English translation they've covered the UK and NA from day one. And if they do that, why not add in a few other languages.

As long as the game is designed with international standards and can be got through the national red-tapes of the EU, there shouldn't be a huge delay. Fingers crossed PS3 manages to elliminate a lot of that. Either that, or Sony should release a Learn Japanese application to enable us to all play FF on import and not bother about regionalisations :p

Translations and dubbing take quite a bit of time, which would explain why they would probably release the japanese-only version first, then take care of the rest.

One thing is for sure, at last we Brit gamers can just buy american versions of games without waiting for months to play the same version US gamers have been playing all along... Same for Aussies.

Theres new screens(FFXIII and Versus XIII) that came out some 2 days ago, though I cant exactly post it, coz its breaking forum rules :| ;)

But yeah, its out there, and looks nice :D

Yeah, I read that earlier and sounds awesome :D

Though it says "a demo ready for E3" :| . Since E3 is different now, then the public wont be able to play it (yet) :cry:

Though theres a chance it might not make E3(as the quote states) then X07/TGS would be the next event right? :eek:

*crosses fingers that the demo will eventually make its way to the playstation store* :oops:

Back