pre-X06 MEGATON precognition chronicle

Sorry, but to me the biggest news so far seems to be that Bioshock is not an exclusive. MEGATON indeed. I do realize that some - many probably - people will care about the Halo news and GTA content, but after all the subtle hints I really expected a bit more.

Bioshock is exclusive to 360 and PC, unless I'm blind and illiterate when I was looking at the slides during the conference.

hey rabbit, you are missing one fact:

whatever m$ promised, it delivered.

maybe this will help you understand how some people feel about the announcements.

HW_800x600_4.jpg

Ya ok, you hold onto that hope. You are right technically, we don't know, though realistically, it seems fairly obvious that 360 will have the definitive version of GTA, unless they make 2 different versions of the game which is unlikely.
Uh, they already are making two different versions of the game, if the xbox360 will be the only "full" version, and the PS3 version a different version without that content.
Why would it be any different if they make different exclusive downloadable content for both.
The possibilities are so numerous, xb content could be more online oriented while PS3 content might be more singleplayer oriented....
They will milk the franchise, that's for sure, and MS and Sony are happy to get whatever they can.
hey rabbit, you are missing one fact:

whatever m$ promised, it delivered.

maybe this will help you understand how some people feel about the announcements.
:oops: Ooooo! Now that's a BOLD statement!!
But I'm sure it's best for all to just leave this at that, ok .
Pretend this never was posted here, for the good of this thread. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but to me the biggest news so far seems to be that Bioshock is not an exclusive.

BioShock was always scheduled for PC as well. So no surprise there. But people have been speculating about a PS3 version. which at least for now not in the making.

Bioshock is exclusive to 360 and PC, unless I'm blind and illiterate when I was looking at the slides during the conference.
Exactly, thus it is not a 360 exclusive. Q.E.D.

If I can get a game like this on either PC or a console (regardless of which one) I'll always choose the PC version. Higher image quality, mods, mouse/keyboard, etc. Just look at Oblivion. And around here, the PC version is cheaper as well most of the time!

[edit]
Personally, I find the "360/PC exclusive" moniker a bit funny. If it's on 2 platforms, how is it exclusive? Now scoobie's proposed "console exclusive" I can live with much more easily :D

If I can get a game like this on either PC or a console (regardless of which one) I'll always choose the PC version. Higher image quality, mods, mouse/keyboard, etc. Just look at Oblivion. And around here, the PC version is cheaper as well most of the time!

It's Microsoft, of course they will offer BioShock to PC.

No different than UT2007(Epic) for PS3 and PC.

[edit]
Personally, I find the "360/PC exclusive" moniker a bit funny. If it's on 2 platforms, how is it exclusive? Now scoobie's proposed "console exclusive" I can live with much more easily :D

It's exclusive that it's not coming to PS3? :)

Just think of it as another way of saying "Not on PS3 or Mac", exclusive does mean it has to be to a single platform, just that some platforms are "excluded."

Anyways, semantics aside, I would argue PC ports are largely irrelevant in the console market.

From IGN

The news conference, held at the Theater National Catalunya in Barcelona, holds approximately 400-500 people, and is packing about 95% capacity. On the front screen the Xbox Live Gamer names appear in green handwriting and fade from the front screen after a few seconds. Microsoft's Ken Lobb is here, as is Lionhead's Peter Molyneux, who revealed to us earlier in the evening that he'll present Fable 2 tomorrow afternoon.

The link, third paragraph.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/735/735683p1.html :D

Uh, they already are making two different versions of the game, if the xbox360 will be the only "full" version, and the PS3 version a different version without that content.

Do you not understand the concept of episodic content? The game on disc will most likely be identical, if they were to build more "single player content", as you put it, it would part of the main game. The DLC is additonal single player content available after launch of the game.

I've already mentioned that PS3 DLC is possible, but it depends on the install base of PS3's online community.

"Exclusive this Spring" doesn't exactly count out port for other console platform(s) later.
Semantics, yeah, but that's how these PR speeches should be taken.
"Debut exclusively", another Microsoft PR'ism that's quickly misinterpreted as total exclusivity if not analysed more closely.
Don't forget the PES and FIFA07 "exclusive for a year" messup ;)

Personally, if I had to put my money on it, I would not put all of it for coming to PS3 though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, I though KK was a great movie, I bet it looks jaw dropping in HD.

I just don't want to jump into bed with HD-DVD yet in case it loses, I'll be stuck with a bunch of discs that I don't want. I wish HD-DVD would just hurry up and win already! Or one of the two (I know, won't happen...)! At $199 though, not exactly a giant investment, it's more the purchasing of the media that worries me.

Look at it from my point of view of coming from D-VHS the 40000u was a $1000 player, it was tape based there were only 250 titles AT MOST, and I didn't regret the decision AT ALL. The quality was phenomenal (yes it is/was MPEG-2), but King Kong blows all of them (D-VHS') away.

"Exclusive this Spring" doesn't exactly count out port for other console platform(s) later.
Semantics, yeah, but that's how these PR speeches should be taken.

Don't forget the PES and FIFA07 "exclusive for a year" messup ;)

no mess-up there. after massive damage, some pr to save the day.
is anybody in here that is/has worked as a developer who thinks that a company will break their schedules in order to make and release something out-of-order for a not-that-massive audience?
my bet is that ps3 gets PES next time its released.

Back