pre-X06 MEGATON precognition chronicle

Halowars.com is online. It's an RTS exlcusive to X360 (and you can also get some desktops and the trailer itself in HD).

A hell of a conference?

Is that allthere was to the conference in that video or was it some "shor version" of the real thing?
Where's Alan Wake, Banjo, Fable 2, Forza 2, Halo 3, Bioshock? Or will they be on the show floor?

I know I'll be hung by my balls for this, but what was there in the conference shown that was new except the Halo Wars cgi trailer?
It was all reprising the old news peppered with a lot of superlatives and well oiled marketing speek.

A good conference for sure, as it was well rehearsed and went by without any hiccups, and Moore is a hell of a showman, kinda.
But "a hell of a conference"... more like what the hell was I just told :???:

Rabid,

It's quite clear from other posts of your that nothing the 360 could ever offer is good enough for you. Nothing new here, either.....

I didn't know Marvel Universe was Live Anywhere! That sounds cool!

Live Anywhere makes a lot sense for this game. A very good move by Microsoft. Heck just having the City of Heroes developers get the Marvel license was a brilliant stroke.

I know I'll be hung by my balls for this, but what was there in the conference shown that was new except the Halo Wars cgi trailer?

New? The announcement of 6 exclusive games, and exclusive content for GTA4(w e already new this but not in what form, confirmed they are large additonal episodes with hours of gameplay).

- Banjo Threeie
- Bioshock
- Splinter Cell 5
- New Halo game from PJ & wingnut, co-produced by Bungie
- Second all new IP from PJ
- New Halo game from Ensemble

That was one hell of a conference!

- Banjo Threeie
- Bioshock Exlcusive
- Splinter Cell 5 exclusive
- Hours of exclusive GTA gameplay
- $199 HD-DVD drive [emphasis mine] W/ King Kong HD DVD

Even if you hated KK the revised version, many consider this HD DVDs new reference disc...sadly, mine has yet to arrive, but I have seen a GREAT demo!

Just a bit of sarcasm guys. Trying to save the trolls a little time.

Honestly, I think Microsoft is in good shape. They don't need to do anything drastic now since the PS3 will be so supply constrained for a while. But they're well positioned in terms of being able to provide multiple SKU's / accessories / combo's / games's / features to compete much more effectively than they were last gen with regard to price and/or losses.

Even if you hated KK the revised version, many consider this HD DVDs new reference disc...sadly, mine has yet to arrive, but I have seen a GREAT demo!

Nice, I though KK was a great movie, I bet it looks jaw dropping in HD.

I just don't want to jump into bed with HD-DVD yet in case it loses, I'll be stuck with a bunch of discs that I don't want. I wish HD-DVD would just hurry up and win already! Or one of the two (I know, won't happen...)! At $199 though, not exactly a giant investment, it's more the purchasing of the media that worries me.

LOL! The definitive(read: full) version of GTA4 will be on 360, and that is not substance? The #1 franchise in video games today?
Sony has not yet announced anything of their next gen GTA plans, you don't know if both of them will have exclusive downloadable content, just different content.

I wouldn't call either "the full" versions until both have been on the market for some time, it still remains to be seen which one has more content at the end of the day...
Just because MS only has announced their deal doesn't mean there could be a more "definite" version coming for another platform.

Sony has not yet announced anything of their next gen GTA plans, you don't know if both of them will have exclusive downloadable content, just different content.

I wouldn't call either "the full" versions until both have been on the market for some time, it still remains to be seen which one has more content at the end of the day...
Just because MS only has announced their deal doesn't mean there could be a more "definite" version coming for another platform.

Ya ok, you hold onto that hope. You are right technically, we don't know, though realistically, it seems fairly obvious that 360 will have the definitive version of GTA, unless they make 2 different versions of the game which is unlikely.

I'm a bit disappointed, to be honest.
Nothing new from Fable 2, Halo3, Mass Effect, Wolfenstein and so on - and a lot of the new stuff is just announcments, nothing to see or play with. While this may change tomorrow, I still have the impression that nextgen games take a lot of time and this X06 was more about the end of 2007 then this upcoming year.

Good stuff though, just a lot more waiting for some substance.

King Kong will easily be the most impressive (3D look) title on HD DVD. Basically if it's playing in stores and demo'd on the HD DVD add-on you'll see a major "WOW!" factor. The perfect title to bundle with.

LOL! The definitive(read: full) version of GTA4 will be on 360, and that is not substance? The #1 franchise in video games today?

LOL!

7:39 p.m. Peter Moore is rolling out Grand Theft Auto IV again, re-mentioning the title's date and now has detailed two "epic episodes" that will be added to the game. In terms of semantics -- Moore hasn't said that the content will be exclusive. Oh, wait -- he just did, each episode will be exclusive to the Xbox 360. You know what this means though? Exclusive content for both versions of the game. Better buy both systems, kids.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=7492444&publicUserId=5519593

Rockstar and Take2 will squeeze the shit out of GTA4. :LOL:

LOL!

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=7492444&publicUserId=5519593

Rockstar and Take2 will squeeze the shit out of GTA4. :LOL:

That's IGN's own cynical speculation. Meaningless.

I can see Rockstar providing episodic content for PS3, but that would require the PS3's online community to be large and robust like the 60% of 360 users who are currently connected. So, we'll see.

I was definately looking for more realtime footage, especially from Fable 2, Wolfenstein and Forza, but the announcements were killer. Especially the Bioshock and SC5 exclusives, those are huge.

New? The announcement of 6 exclusive games, and exclusive content for GTA4(w e already new this but not in what form, confirmed they are large additonal episodes with hours of gameplay).

- Banjo Threeie
- Bioshock
- Splinter Cell 5
Educate me, what 6 new exclusives. Really, I'm not trying to piss on the fire, but am just a bit lost here :???:
1 is Banjo
2 is Halo RTS
4 and 5 are Peter Jackson (can this really be called an exclusive game announcement yet?)
6 is same with the next Splinter Cell, no game was shown, only the next in the series announced.

And I don't mean exclusives, exclusives don't excite me as they obviously do funbois ;)
If a game is good, it doesn't man if it's "exclusive" or not.

I mean it wasn't wery rich in the content when it comes to... well, content. The games and games footage.

Not much was shown, only promised.
It was promises and potential, but not much in the way of games footage.

Please note! I'm talking about the conference, and the conference only. Do not mix things up with your assumptions I'm critisizing the whole X06 or the future of xbox360.

Sorry, but to me the biggest news so far seems to be that Bioshock is not an exclusive. MEGATON indeed. I do realize that some - many probably - people will care about the Halo news and GTA content, but after all the subtle hints I really expected a bit more.

Educate me, what 6 new exclusives. Really, I'm not trying to piss on the fire, but am just a bit lost here :???:
1 is Banjo
2 is Halo RTS
4 and 5 are Peter Jackson (can this really be called an exclusive game announcement yet?)
6 is same with the next Splinter Cell, no game was shown, only the next in the series announced.

And I don't mean exclusives, exclusives don't excite me as they obviously do funbois ;)

I mean it wasn't wery rich in the content when it comes to... well, content. The games and games footage.

Please note! I'm talking about the conference, and the conference only. Do not mix things up with your assumptions I'm critisizing the whole X06 or the future of xbox360.

Oh right...Bioshock probably doesn't count for you because it's on PC. Ok, well let me clarify, 6 new "console exclusives"

The Peter jackson and SC5 can be called exclsuive obviously as they are intellectual properties which are only available on 360. I mean, by your logic, if sony announced FF13 as exclusive, but did not provide any footage, it would not be a meaningful announcement??

Pot to kettle: whatsup man.

Last edited by a moderator:
1 is Banjo
2 is Halo RTS

You're trying too hard. :)

X360 and/or their game library doesn't impress you, nothing wrong with that.

Back