NEW Lair Screens Plus Interview!

Screen grabs from a soon to be released 1080p trailer perhap's? ;)

Perhaps or they are from some cutscene done with the ingame engine in real-time and therefore has depth of field (the bluriness in the background) to add some cinematic feel to the scene.:D

Maybe before you get to start playing you see a real-time cutscene, perhaps?

Considering the base artwork has not changed, there is still a disconnect from these images and the supposed realtime footage of highly detailed dragons and footage of hundreds of dragons on screen (with impressive detail and great shadowing). I think we know now why Eg wouldn't comment on the CGI questions based on Sony advice. I am dissappointed in Factor5... not sure what to expect from this game. F5 has a history of nice looking games that are empty in regards to gameplay. The Starwars franchise gave them the luxury of a straight forward arcade shooter / story-cult history / levels, and even then their non-space shooter elements were always horrible. I guess we will get a better gauge of the game closer to its release when we can see long stretches of gameplay and feedback, but they are not selling me on the graphics as they have in the past (the first GCN SW game was a ton of fun... too short, no MP, etc but it was a visual treat that really represented the movies well). I don't care what they are doing technically if the end product on screen is lacking.

Here's all the NEW video's from IGN :

Mod:
links removed. Don't steal content from other sites, especially when you got to pay for it

EDIT : Ive just watched a few of the video's and i have some good new's, they have really tonned down that dreadful HDR :) It look's much better now ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, factor5 actually improved the visual in a matter of 4weeks as mentioned in the IGN report. the new shots are really looking impressive. from wat i noticed the DOF is more prominent alone with higher poly on the dragons and sharper textures. it's not suprising actualy since they arent even touching 50% of the system.

Here's all the NEW video's from IGN :

EDIT : Ive just watched a few of the video's and i have some good new's, they have really tonned down that dreadful HDR :) It look's much better now ;)

Can you explain to me what's going on here, please? Why are IGN's videos at this site (as opposed to, say, at IGN's site)? How did they get there?

The link is broken. Which image did you link? As far as I see the new Oct 20 images I'm sure they have less bloom than the older ones.

IGN seems to have removed the worst looking images. Looks like Sony marketing isn't completely crazy yet.

1080P could be hurting this game (all the negative comments here). It could look better if switched to 720P in the future.

You don't think this was considered prior to making the decision to do 1080p? We've seen more than enough 720p titles now to know that devs are making this decision already. I think they've gone 1080p b/c they know they can get the results they need with the extra overhead. PEACE.

IGN seems to have removed the worst looking images. Looks like Sony marketing isn't completely crazy yet.
Yeah, I noticed that. I knew I saw a group of images that really weren't special at all, but now I can't find them anymore. The lighting and tesselation of the shots were still pretty bad.

So what do you think about the newer pics?

You don't think this was considered prior to making the decision to do 1080p? We've seen more than enough 720p titles now to know that devs are making this decision already. I think they've gone 1080p b/c they know they can get the results they need with the extra overhead. PEACE.

DO you post on GAF?

Can you explain to me what's going on here, please? Why are IGN's videos at this site (as opposed to, say, at IGN's site)? How did they get there?
Maybe he linked to the premium section where you have to pay for higher resolution videos or whatnot.

Back