Motorstorm website up! (with trailer)

Wow indeed. And it confirms again that it's a launch title!

I need to get a PS3 out of the US somehow this year..

ive played the trailer like 3 times already, simply amazing that this is a launch title.
I'm really interested in how the mp3 function is going to sound on a surround sound setup, it seems like a gimmick that could end up being really cool.

The environments in this game impress me a lot with how huge they are. I've been looking for a racing game with absolutely huge environments and crazy things like the jumps I saw in that trailer, looks like this is a must buy for me.

Hell yes. Thats much more like it.

Anyone else notice all the motionblur/post processing effects have gone?

From what I have seen, Motorstorm and Resistance: Fall of Man are the most impressive looking Playstation 3 titles to date. The developers have made tremendous improvement on the launch titles over the past months and seem to be turning out some potentially great titles. I would really like to see Resistance and Motorstorm turn out nice as they seem to be the launch titles with the most potential.

BlimBlim from playsyde has some thoughts, and a video:

video.

As for his impressions, not so good :(

first impression:
I had never seen this game running in real life before, and what I saw was quite disappointing. The physics are excellent, but the framerate is all over the place, and worst of all the speed sensation was totally lacking. This is one game I really want to go back and check out again as I simply couldn't believe my eyes. I hope it was only that the 4 people playing at that time didn't know what they were doing...

second time around:
This game is really beautiful, especially the lighting, but IMHO something's very wrong with the actual speed sensation.

Not sure I agree with him about the framerate, then again the video is low framerate anywho, so it may only be obvious when seen.
A few things though,
the vehicle shadows look odd. Very low resolution. The self shadowing hardly shows through at all. Very strange, as the environment shadows look good (prebaked shadows look amazing, dynamic ones not so good, but still better than the cars).

Also the physics are.... bouncy... The motorbike crash, and especially the crash at 2:10 bounce *way* too much. The 2:10 crash in perticular gains a lot of speed during the impact. Looks very wrong.

Back