New Forza Screens! (yes they look good)

these are realtime from the very latest buld, bigger versions should be coming according to the source (who's a mod at forzacentral):

The last images including the ones in the latest magazines are nearly over two months old. These here are from one of the latest builds.
icon_wink.gif

simforza20024su6.jpg

simforza20025zr3.jpg

- they are still targeting a Japan release at the end of 2006
- the game is currently 60% finished
(currently optimizing, working on the lightning, etc..)
- 60fps confirmed for the final game
- 15 % more tuning options?
- BMW is one of the new makers in the lineup
- Xbox Live modes are already fully integrated
- new cars and tracks are planned to be available for download every 6 months in addition to the 300+ cars, and 73 tracks that come with the game.

http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15994

Last edited by a moderator:
whoa what a turn around! :oops:

I would love to see some clearer shots. That 3D grass looks pretty impressive even though it's blurred due to motion blur.

Didn't the original statement say 3D animated grass? If so this should be quite a treat to see in motion!

Ya, I believe the grass is actually animated, can't wait for some direct feed gameplay.

And still targeting 06??? YES!

I can't believe it's only 60% complete, they're still working on the lighting engine, so it should only get better.

looks pre-rendered

Is it me or do those pics look somewhat pre-rendered. Will be wowed once i see the real thing running at 60fps.

Looks really, especially if it runs at 60 fps. I would like to see some gameplay, though because those screenies are very indicative of real gp footage, e.g. the camera angles.

What happened to the lighting.

edit:
Sorry, I didnt want to come off as a ****** or anything so let me edit my post. The lighting seems like a drastic change in the wrong direction, before atleast it was more subtle when the hdr turned off, it looks very overexposed and non realistic. It reminds me of one of those hot wheels commercial when they have bright glowing lights all over a cg rendered car going down a track at 1000mph. And the side of that vett just looks...makes it look like a toy. Of course I will hold final judgment until we get some better screens, hopefully some video. But I have been preaching in these race car threads about how lighting is one of the most important things. I kinda got worried with the GT:HD Premium shots of the two display cars (the 2 rally cars on the last page of the scans to be more specific), it seems the lighting has changed but because they were not in the environment I couldnt tell if it was better or worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lighting now looks far more realisitc then it did in the last screen shots. I'm not sure why you think it looks worse...

More realistic? The fact that Che was first to point out that they are still working on the lighting tells me something isnt right yet. But more power to you my friend.

More realistic? The fact that Che was first to point out that they are still working on the lighting tells me something isnt right yet. But more power to you my friend.

I would agree completely, lighting in the previous shtos was 2months old, and it looked like XBOX level lighting. This is on a whole new level, not perfectly realistic but a massive step up.

I would agree completely, lighting in the previous shtos was 2months old, and it looked like XBOX level lighting. This is on a whole new level, not perfectly realistic but a massive step up.

I can kinda agree with that, adding HDR is a good thing (not to mention 3d grass), it shows that they have got it, and the game is making progress. But on the other hand, I just hope they can tone that stuff down a notch or two. No huge worries though, it seems like a minor tuning and adjusting compared to actually getting things working and running.

btw, glad we are keeping this civil, I know i may come off as a GranTurismo ******, but im ginunely keeping my eyes on forza 2. It is GT's biggest and main competition after all.

Looks good, a definitive improvement from the earlier screens.
Looks almost like a totally different game now.
I'd say they're not 100% gameplay screens though, the motion blur doesn't look realtime.

It's funny the devs this gen have resources to put into animated grass in a driving game, where it'll likely go unnoticed during most of the gameplay. I hope they're not dividing the resources wrong, but as they say the game will be 60fps, and look that good, there shouldn't be need to worry.
During replays it could look good though, with a car driving past some taller grass that bends under the force of wind generated by passing car.
I'm afraid it'd look odd if they put animation to that short cut grass in that pic. Done wrong, or overexaggarated it could look funny, like too "fluffy".
I hope they look to the real world before putting some effects that look good on the paper but unrealistic in game.

Back