Metal Gear Solid 4 gameplay trailer @ TGS

The "fuzzy" cam is clear enough to see bad textures, I don't need super vision to see them.

Granted this game isn't supposed to be out till 2008 (from what i've read) so they have plenty of time to sort it out.

The "fuzzy" cam is clear enough to see bad textures, I don't need super vision to see them.

Granted this game isn't supposed to be out till 2008 (from what i've read) so they have plenty of time to sort it out.

...but, you still have not proved your point about Low Texture quality, polygonal edges, and PS2 level in some places. Like I said before based on the quality of the video you saw, it would be impossible for you to determine.

I have seen people come up with the same conclusion on past MGS:4 videos. They were dumb struck to find that the Direct HD version displayed detail impossible to see before.

I liked overall look of the videos, I can nitpick some things but it would make no sense. At least let's wait for HD version of the trailer!

I've decided that this gen, I'll avoid offscreen footage and low-res/badly compressed stuff as much as possible, since it loses so many little details.

I like it..
Like I said in another thread, it definitely lacks the 'oomph' that weve seen before..
I think I'd like it more if I saw it before the new L.O. and Lost Planet movies.

Devil May Cry4 on the other hand is really really shaping up awesomely.

"... ok, heres another image. Tell me what you see"
rorschach.gif

"Yes Doctor shrink, i see a plane... or a rabit. No, Silly me, its MGS4 gameplay with polys and bad textures"

Don't people feel sort of...

:runaway:

I mean, this whole low-res CAM trailer 'it sucks' thing, to be followed up shortly by the high-res feed 'it's awesome!' thing has happened so so often before... yet there's always a cadre of people ready to make all their decisions based on HandyCam footage. ;)

Don't people feel sort of...

:runaway:

I mean, this whole low-res CAM trailer 'it sucks' thing, to be followed up shortly by the high-res feed 'it's awesome!' thing has happened so so often before... yet there's always a cadre of people ready to make all their decisions based on HandyCam footage. ;)

You have got the right idea xbdestroya, everything is ultimately underwelming until you see the game like its meant to be shown. I'm trying to resist from watching the videos over again to save myself for the HD footage I hope that comes soon.

I'll say the same thing i said in the LO thread, this game's at least a year away so please factor that in people.

However, in this particular video, the game came down to earth a bit for me. I didnt expect to 'play the movie', i hoped to have some gameplay elements that were somewhat new/different and rolling in a barrel doesnt really do it for me - hasnt since i was very young. :)

We should wait till HD trailer comes out to make any kind of judgements, shaky and fuzzy and washed out cam video don't do any game justice.

Seriously this place is just like Gaf sometimes :cry:

About the trailer though i must say few aspects of the animation look pretty damn good while others look like from mgs 3 , but the game is still in the works i have no doubt mgs 4 will have great animation.

Supposedly a recent Famistsu article states that many of the animations in MGS4 are placeholders and are in fact the same from MGS3.

That said...MGS4 looks pretty darn good to me as it is right now!

Still, seeing how some people are judging texture quality from youtube videos, i better stay out of this thread...

:LOL:

The Animation in the game is noticeable in that they look like MGS3's animations. There are some different movements in place but you can tell (the way the guards walk and whatnot) are totally from MGS3.

Fortunately, this game still has about a year of dev time to go.

Supposedly a recent Famistsu article states that many of the animations in MGS4 are placeholders and are in fact the same from MGS3.

Well... there ya go then!

That's exactly in line with a theory I came up with earlier today:

xbdestroya said:
The entire animation algorithm has probably just been ported straight from the PS2 versions to get running on PS3 for the purposes of some exploratory gameplay.

Good call...it's not all that hard to see if you look for it...guess your eyes were just a little more open than the rest of us :)

I'm still not understanding how anyone can expect in-game animation to be on-par with a sripted motion capture sequence that is directed to match a specific cutscene in a game.
I'm sure the final game will blend animations a lot more smoothly than in that video, but you can't expect to play what we were seeing in those earlier trailers.

In my case, I wasn't expecting animation that equals scripted animation (I feel bad for whoever was). What I was expecting was better animation than MGS3 and more specifically, something from what we've seen from Euphoria Animation Videos.

In and all, the animations we're seeing right now are probably not what we'll be seeing in the final game.

Back