Devil May Cry 4 @ TGS

If you're referring to revving the Blue Rose, the experienced players talked about it starting here.

If you're talking about charging it up for shooting, it's an upgraded skill that only requires holding down '[]'... if you're playing as an automatic Devil Hunter.

The video above is most certainly not DMC 4, it's just some dude flinging his stuffed toy collection around. My DMC 4 is a lot harder ;-)

first of all, just so were clear, blue rose is nero's gun isn't it?

i'm aware of IR and charging blue rose. again, i only have the demo, but in the demo, to do a blast shot with blue rose, you must charge it by holding the square button (is it different in other difficulty settings?). i'm just wondering how people are able to do the blue rose charge attack in mid combo (like the video i posted). i'm thinking they've either remapped their controls, or they've figured out precise times in mid combo where they can charge blue rose.

Last edited by a moderator:

i'm aware of IR and charging blue rose. again, i only have the demo, but in the demo, to do a blast shot with blue rose, you must charge it by holding the square button (is it different in other difficulty settings?). i'm just wondering how people are able to do the blue rose charge attack in mid combo (like the video i posted). i'm thinking they've either remapped their controls, or they've figured out precise times in mid combo where they can charge blue rose.

probably the 2nd one.. i don't think the controls matter as long as is comfortable for you, I heard a lot of people complain about the default 360 controls, but I've had no issues at all

watching videos of very skilled DMC players, i see they can charge blue rose while attacking and doing their regular combos and just-ex'ing etc.; i find that very difficult to do with the default controls. do they remap them, or are they just really good? or do they charge blue rose at specific times while executing a combo?

Well I can charge my EX almost everytime while attacking and I am no expert (I think). You just have to get the feeling of the attacks.

edit: Oh you mean the gun....I have no Idea how they do it. The closest think I could do is do my attacks normally and hold square while I am performing the devil hand grab attack. It offers plenty of room for a charge. I have no idea how they are charging while performing sword attacks. I was trying to hold square while attacking with my sword and I didnt know how on earth I should use my fingers to do both at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished the game on human mode. It was my first DMC, and while I know I played it on easy, I didn't have much trouble at all. It's a bit of a shame they didn't unlock the next higher difficulty once completing on human, since I now have to replay on Devil Hunter just to unlock it, while fully powered up. It'll be even easier than human mode, hence probably not a lot of fun :cry: I just killed Berial in DH mode in about 30-secs in my second play-through, so at least it won't take too long!

All up the game is extremely entertaining. Very short (in human mode of course), closing in at about 9 hours. I love the way this game encourages replays in a Diablo-esque manner, letting you keep your unlocked stuff on each playthrough, giving you greater and greater dificulty as you do it.

There were a lot of laugh out loud moments.
When you unlock Lucifer - man that scene was pure comedy gold. "Then we are both satisfied!" And Pandora! What a classic idea for a weapon. Can you unlock any more transformations for it other than bow -> cannon -> giant cannon?
I can't wait to show my other half, since we were having a good chuckle at some of the campier bits earlier on ("Try some seeds on for size!")

I thought Dante was a bit dull after getting really good as Nero, but when you started getting more unlocks, he was loads of fun. I never really got into style-switching with him, basically leaving him on Swordmaster mode. I guess I'll wait till the next run through.

Visually, I know I mentioned earlier my other half said it was the best looking game she's seen me play. Some of the effects actually looked worse later in the game, and yeah the shadows look pretty poor in some scenes. It's interesting how they seemed to use well-placed camera angles and design-specific areas to hide some of the ugliness. I even had a bit of slowdown at one point (360 version) in the jungle when I had a dozen creatures in a corner. I only really noticed tearing in one part - that's where you open the door to the blue lock thing which opens the bridge under the waterfall. Every time I went to that bit (twice with Nero, once with Dante) there was a spot of tearing. Strange.

Bring on DMC5! It's so refreshing to see a game try and be light and entertaining, while having high production values too.

I have no Idea how they do it. The closest think I could do is do my attacks normally and hold square while I am performing the devil hand grab attack. It offers plenty of room for a charge. I have no idea how they are charging while performing sword attacks. I was trying to hold square while attacking with my sword and I didnt know how on earth I should use my fingers to do both at the same time.

Does it work if you map the 'charge' button ([]) to L3 or the digital pad ?

I have no idea. But I am not sure if thats what they have done. In one of the videos posted of the demo some time ago, it showed someone who was an expert and charged his gun while attacking. The demo doesnt have the option to map the controllers.

I'm playing on devil hunter mode right now but
His holiness looks like he's impossible to kill in this mode, he always disappears to savior right after I finish off his 1st shield, when I try to get his 2nd shield down and him to the ground, its always him running to savior and then I'm fighting him for who knows how long and then I finally die.
Any ideas?

Also about the gun charging, you can do it while you use your devil bringer and the buster move, when the animation is going, press X (xbox360) and then when you are done its charged. But in normal attacks, I have no idea how its done.

^ yeah, i think the people i saw playing charged blue rose at specific times. like the best time is probably when you use the buster move.

Beta: you can counter the lance charge with the melee button. Very useful tip for that boss.
Sankari: try and stay under him. He's very easy if you stay close.. if he's slipping away, remember your devil snatch is basically a tool to bring you right next to any enemy in the game. Ensure you're Devil Triggering when you need to, too.

I have shoot mapped to L1 and DT to square. So I just hold the button all the time during combos. You can also charge blue rose and rev your sword during the throw animations. On some throws you can even get up to three lights and follow up with a ex 3 level streak when the throw is done.

i think may controller may go flying on this dante boss fight level 10 lol

Stand on top of the platform and use the devil arm or downward sword slash when he tries to jump up. I got down to a sliver of health before I paused it read that and then beat it.

Stand on top of the platform and use the devil arm or downward sword slash when he tries to jump up. I got down to a sliver of health before I paused it read that and then beat it.

I just dodged his attacks, pulled him with devil arm, and then did buster. For more effects, trigger yamato. ;)

I used diffrent method.... Shooting at dante while approaching him and then cutting him with sword... He can't block that
And that was really easy....

i didn't really read the last couple of posts in fear of possible spoilers. if you guys are saying things that may spoil moments for others, maybe you guys should use the spoiler tags. ;)

Back