Devil May Cry 4 @ TGS

nice combo video.

still don't know how to post videos. :oops: (edit: figured it out! :smile:)

btw, i think this should be merged with the xbox DMC4 demo thread.

edit: an even better one by the same guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks more like they used a blend de-interlace mode or something, but thats probably not the case (unless their team is horrible and de-interlaces progressive video files or have some oddball capture setup)

The game looks great on the PS3 anyway, I haven't looked at the 360 version yet (live) but my main attraction to this game (architecture) seems mostly intact. I don't like the old mechanic which opens or blocks rooms though, I'd have much preferred a more seamless experience. Overall the game seems not to have evolved much. It looks great (the scenes where you have a whole city infested where you pass over high above are nicely done for instance), and I like the devil arm alot. But it doesn't feel as 'next-gen' and some games out there. Next time, progress maybe could come from destructible (parts of the) environment(s) instead of the ugly curses.

nice combo video.

still don't know how to post videos. :oops: (edit: figured it out! :smile:)

btw, i think this should be merged with the xbox DMC4 demo thread.

edit: an even better one by the same guy.

It's pretty good. However, this player did not extensively use Exceed mode to charge up his attacks while comboing. (well yes he did at the latter half)
Charging your attacks as you go can allow you to easily have B rankings in almost all encounters, and S or even SS in more large scale encounters (as shown).
I have a feeling that DMC4's Nero will be all about Exceed, Brab, Exceed, Grab... :LOL:

EDIT: Found a link to a very, very good player.

http://breatoal.com/dmc4tra2.wmv

He uses exceed mode on about 85% of his attacks, takes a lot of practice.

wow... thats skills. i can ex during special moves pretty easily (i can time it pretty good when i'm just messing around, but during battles its a lot harder), but he can even ex during normal attacks. :oops: its scary how good people are at video games.

and just think of the crazy videos there will be when the full game is released with more moves and Dante to play with.

So I played it on the 360 today, at a friends. The 360 has better looking screen shots, but the shimmering in the 360 version is very annoying, and distracting. After playing thru each.. I would rather have the PS3 version.

So I played it on the 360 today, at a friends. The 360 has better looking screen shots, but the shimmering in the 360 version is very annoying, and distracting. After playing thru each.. I would rather have the PS3 version.

indeed, the shimmering isn't visible on screenshot, it's little advantageous for the X360 version

I think it looks excellent on 360. didn't notice any shimmering.
what kind of display do you have? if you have a projector or a CRT based screen, it may not be as noticeable. or, some may not be bothered by it. but i agree with the others... watching the videos, i find it kind of annoying.

I didn't notice any shimmering either (52" xbr4 lcd here)... I'm not saying it isn't there, just that I didn't notice it. Maybe I'm just more tolerant of it after playing FFXII. I was impressed with the game overall, but the times where the camera was uncontrollable really annoyed me.

My friends setup who I played it on was a 360 Elite, thru HDMI, and a 50" DLP TV. Right from the very first, the street shimmers, badly. Easily seen by myself, but shimmering is somewhat of a pet peeve of mine, has been for years. My 7800GTX's used to drive me crazy in BF2 shimmering so badly. In any case, my friend didnt seem to notice, or care.

Interesting, the opposite here. I didn't notice any shimmering on my plasma on the 360 version. The PS3 version though has this blur anytime there is any camera movement that it very distracting.

Interesting, the opposite here. I didn't notice any shimmering on my plasma on the 360 version. The PS3 version though has this blur anytime there is any camera movement that it very distracting.

Dont things blur in real life in the same way?

Back