Puppies escape a new way

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Well I was helping my wife unload groceries when a man coddling a small dog protectively mentioned to me that my dogs just tore thru our front door.

Sure enough, there was Molly and Lulu running across the street ignoring my calls to come home. I looked at my front door just in time to see Rascal jump thru the bent to hell screen frame and tear off after the other dogs.

My wife was a step ahead of me so she got to drive the Pathfinder this time and head them off. It's the weirdest thing, but if we pull up in the Pathfinder they just jump right in. If I chase 'em they run away forever.

Got 'em all back safe, and to my credit my re-enforced screening on the front door did hold...it's just the aluminum bracket holding the screening was no match for a determined Lulu. :rolleyes:

Say, with school started up again and all that free time you've been 'complaining' about, perhaps some more exercise would curb their lust for escape. Might be good for all four of ya'... ;)

I don't think I could handle all 3 of them at once, they're sort of built like brick tanks with zero body fat from their constant play fighting. :???:

BUFF dogs. Good ones, but powerful.

Got to play urban rodeo again this morning, I was letting the dogs out JUST as my wife was pulling up in the driveway and opening the garage door.

Grass alley, Pathfinder, chasing puppies in my jammies. Great way to start the day. :rolleyes:

Your house sounds like "Romper Room." God forbid your animals get ahold of anything more than 5.56, for they'd do nothing less than turn your living room into Mogadishu ;)

My wife is trying to talk me into taking down a section of my fencing re-enforcement (my trellis work I use as urban barbed wire to keep the puppies in) so we can take some videos of them jumping our 6' privacy fence.

All the neighbors were laughing, and I gotta give the people who drive on our street a LOT of credit for watching out for kids & dogs because I swear there have just been a few times that I thought they'd be nailed...but the drivers noticed & reacted and were generally very pleasant.

The real nightmare was after I had all three pups in my Pathfinder and pulled up in my driveway. I only had to go 20' to get into the house from there, but none of them had their collars on (puppy baths the other night) and there was no way to just pull one out of my truck at a time.

I ended up going in and getting their collars, then one got away whilst I was trying to put them on and "attacked" my neighbor. (Ran at her, pulled her badger routine running in a circle around her, and then settled down wagging her tail to sniff the ladies shoes)

She seems really nice, but she doesn't talk to me much...I think I must be a bit of an odd neighbor. ;)

Back