Shin'en interview: nanostray 2

darkblu

Veteran
http://www.cubed3.com/news/5883/1/Shin

quite interesting and honest-to-goodness interview. and i didn't know shin'en were so strongly into sound.

* nanostray2 will be the company's 5th DS title.

* the guys are die-hard 60fps proponents and would not step one inch from that - so don't expect 2-screen shooting action from them.

* all their sounds are made with their proprietory synth system, saving them plenty of space on the ds carts for better uses.

* nanostray2 expected to push the visual envelope on the paltform again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool. Is there any particular reason though that you couldn't do 60fps on both screens? DS's GPU seems rediculously overpowered for the screen rez, at least on paper.

dunno. but given the mandatory framerate halving the DS pays for using both screens in 3D, it seems that for anybody to achieve 60FPS per screen it would take quite some effort in the the vicinity of 120FPS - maybe some part of the pipeline somewhere cannot achieve such rates.

If I don't grossly misremember it, Nanostray's menu already does hardware accelerated 3D graphics at 60fps on both screens. It didn't do it in-game though. Sold the cart a month ago so please don't shoot me.

If I don't grossly misremember it, Nanostray's menu already does hardware accelerated 3D graphics at 60fps on both screens. It didn't do it in-game though. Sold the cart a month ago so please don't shoot me.

It does 3d on both screens, but at 30 fps.

Back