Worldwide Wii Day (Sep 14/15): the official thread *Released Nov 19 for $250 (US)*

The talk has finished. Now there's 7 playable mini-games:

Billard
Hockey
Shooting
Fishing
Find that Mii
Boozu Mii
Yubisashi PonPon

First package pics:
photo-20060914-064302-0-728fcdf2ae8d8626676c8324bb2b0ec4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny the Classic controller costs less than the remote.

Now why is that funny?
Or even unexpected? to me it makes perfect sense, that the classic SNES-copy controller is cheaper than the new remote with atleast semi-advanced technology inside...

There's still a pretty decent chance that the story in the U.S. and Europe will be pretty different from Japan. In Japan, XBox 360 is dead, dead, dead, and not a real competitor to Nintendo. Thus, their only real competition is PS3, and it doesn't seem like it will be that difficult, (barring some sort of miracle Sony pricedrop), for Nintendo to kill their only real competition in terms of pricing while still severely ripping off their Japanese customers in comparison with those in the U.S. and E.U., where they have to be much more mindful of MS's presence and the 360's relationship to their own pricepoint.

Fire Emblem Goddess of Dawn is played with the classic controller
photo-20060914-064834-0-c3cf43ee666e5189a571d42464f5dc22.jpg

Batallion Wars Wii: Wiimote+Nunchaku
photo-20060914-065402-0-e4cd5a9605bc6ffdb04a8aae36101877.jpg

Tony Hawk Downhill Jam:
photo-20060914-065825-0-d3b68fb70330c2e99cb4d934a0843056.jpg

EDIT:

34 playable titles:
incl. Legend of Zelda, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Super Mario Galaxy
probably also includes the mini-games...

Isn't FE a strategy game? What's a strat game doing sticking to old controls?

I don't know, there's nothing more known yet. From the picture it looks like a dungeon crawler much like gauntlet....

There's a major update on the famitsu front page, with new screens, etc.

holy munchkins! this looks sexier than OSX!

why is it that the japanese create exquisit sexy GUIs and the west lags behind a decade (apple excepted)?

I have to agree, it looks great. They have done really well in creating something that caters to the iPod crowd. Heck, even I think it is pretty. Well done, Nintendo.

I don't know, there's nothing more known yet. From the picture it looks like a dungeon crawler much like gauntlet....

There's a major update on the famitsu front page, with new screens, etc.

Fire Emblem is Nintendo's long standing strategy RPG franchise, just to let you know.

The UI looks pretty awesome. They have the advantage of being able to move the cursor around like you would with a mouse. The browser looks like it might actually be usable.

3,800 yen for the remote, 1800 yen for the classic controller, and 1800 yen for the nunchuck attachment.

Funny the Classic controller costs less than the remote.
The Classic controller is an add-on for the Remote. It doesn't have a wireless transmitter, and there's nowhere to plug it into on the console itself.

Back