World Racing or Tao Feng. Which one should I get?

it doesn't suck at all, it's a very cool fighting game. It's also very hard... but it certianly doesn't suck. I just bought it last night and it's pretty cool so far. Despite a few of the BS reviews that gave it 30% it has gotten pretty high marks for it being a new franchise. It also has some of the best graphics around.

They have also started on the sequel already, so it's going to be a franchise that sticks around.

TF has gotten quite a few terribly low reviews, some of them even from Xbox-only media, but has also gotten quite a few 80+% reviews. That usually means the game is at least worth checking out, since there is a solid chance you might agree with those who liked it.

bbot, that's not an easy question.

Those two games are very different genre's so I'm not sure what you are looking for. A friend of mine bought the PAL version of World Racing and I've since played it for a few hours. I've not seen TF other than movies, but I've read a couple of threads that were linked too within the thread Johnny linked too (thanks btw :) ).
Now I'm actually anticipating TF PAL's release as I'm very interested in deep, unique and "difficult" fighting engines with a nice learning curve.

After all that reading and at a second thought both games have some things common. (reminder: I've not played TF, my impressions are from several reviews and comments)

1) Very good graphics (very detailed cars/fighters, huge and complex environments (esp. WR))

2) Slight stuttering. TF seems to stutter only in some places whereas WR has a constant stuttering. I've spent a good amount of time with Apex (which is supposed to have 30fps and which I have no problem with, although 60 fps are of course preferred) and WR is way less fluent. Although this is a turnof for some people, the general slow pace of WR does not make this a problem at all. Try it and judge yourself.

3) A nice (steep) learning curve. Granted you can setup WR as a 100% arcade racer, but that's definitely not what this game was built for. WR has a nice physics and driving model and once you get the hang of it driving around in huge landscapes is pure fun. If you do not like driving simulations this game will most certainly turn you off, as it is simply too slow and "boring" (especially the tracks) if you're not occupied with the controls.

So I don't know what you are looking for, but if you want to invest some time, learn a little controls and are not turned off from slight innovation, both games seem to be a good choice.

And once again: :)
Try the games before you buy them.

World Racing .. so-so

Well, I got World Racing and I think it's just a so-so game. The graphics are ok but not exceptional. The damage-modell sucks (just as in most racing games - why do car-companies have such a hard time accepting that just because your car can look damaged in a game potential buyers won't decide against buying your car) and the in-game menu is something of the most complex and hard-to-understand system I have seen in a long time ...

Still, there's a lot of tracks - some very long. There are missions (mostly go as fast as possible thorugh the gates to the goal), you get to drive a lot of cars, you can play up to 4 people at the same time ...

So . it's not completely hopeless and if I get myself to continue play it a bit longer (Live as well as Racing Evoluzione still taking most of my gaming time) maybe I will change my mind.

/B

Back