France, now wants to control the post saddam iraq.

sigh, its hard to argue with people who think they are the only ones who hold the moral high ground. The US will spend several billion dollars this is not counting the money that will be spent by the oil revenues generated. Only a naive person would think that there is not going to be profit to be made. Why do you think the french want to join now. For their health?

Be realistic, many companies will make money from this. Many of them will be American. Some needs to repair the oil lines, set up the refineries, built hospitals, construct roads, buy food/aid, medicine needs to be purchased. I would rather that this money be spent on companies from countries that are in the coalition.

Doesnt it seem fair?

later,

ok... i'll try to pass my view on this, just hope i don't get missinterpreted has english isn't my main language.. i'm portuguese by the way.

First a little comment on the thread title: have you actually read a transcription of what the french president said? or even heard it? i don't know how you could come up with that tittle...
The only thing the man said was that they woundn't agree to a resolution that allowed the US and UK to "command" the country after the war.

And i do believe their main concern is "international law". Sure there are other interests involved... but this goes for all countries, after all we are talking about one of the biggest oil producers in the world.

If you actually believe the main objective of the war is to free the iraq people, then you would have no problem in accepting aid from the international community when it comes to rebuilding the country. Wouldn't it be better to divide the costs of that operation? And hasn't this been the way in all the other conflicts? like afganistan p.e...

And isn't it a good thing the someone is trying to make it so that no one gets a particularly big profit from this?
Doesn't it sound "wrong" or "suspicious" that the countries ( manly the us and the uk, and please don't count those who were bought ) who were all up for the war ( and i guess we are all still waiting for those evidence of weapons of mass destruction) are the ones that end up getting a big profit from it?

I mean, try and forget that you are an american... and try and see this without that bias, and from an international point of view. No one likes Sadam.. he is a "bloody dictator", and should be taken from power. And no , no one hates America. People are just against the way this was conducted, an against the way your president passed over International law and "Order". The Arab League ( i think this is the name ) and 20 and some countries.. and don't think ( don't remember correctly ) any of them is a democracy, so who is next??

And i remember someone mencioned in a post that the UN was broke, it is broke because countries don't pay their debt, and guess what countrie has the biggest debt?

I saw/read reports of casuilties (death + injuries) over 50. More than 10 POWs including at least one female. At this point I will quit arguing over things I can not control, and concentrate in praying for those over there fighting. Whether you agree or not I hope you take the time to pray/think of all (iraqi and coalition) fighting and their families and hope for a speedy resolution.

later,

yes, i completely agree on that. Although people might have diferent opinions about the war.. now that i has began, we should all hope for it to end quickly and with less casualties as possible.

Back