360 HD-DVD Drive to be 199 GBP

400,000 over a period of time, would they be happy?

Do you understand what 10% means? It's not as if MS is going to stop selling 360's any time soon...

I highkly doubt they would ever get 10%, but they would definately be happy if they did which would mean ~1million devices sold by next March. The difference between PS3 and HD-DVCD add-on is 100% of the HD-DVD guys will be buying media, and that's what matters most as far as who wins the war.

It's not who sells the most players, but who sells the most media, the two might go hand in hand, or they may not.

Do you understand what 10% means? It's not as if MS is going to stop selling 360's any time soon...

I highkly doubt they would ever get 10%, but they would definately be happy if they did which would mean ~1million devices sold by next March. The difference between PS3 and HD-DVCD add-on is 100% of the HD-DVD guys will be buying media, and that's what matters most as far as who wins the war.

It's not who sells the most players, but who sells the most media, the two might go hand in hand, or they may not.

Let me give you a prediction, PS3 will sell well over 50mill and half of those people will buy around 10 blu-ray movies each. Half of those 25mill will buy around 20 movies each and half of those 12.5mill will buy around 30 movies each within 1 year alone.

Let me give you a prediction, PS3 will sell well over 50mill and half of those people will buy around 10 blu-ray movies each. Half of those 25mill will buy around 20 movies each and half of those 12.5mill will buy around 30 movies each within 1 year alone.

Let me give you a prediction, the format war will be more or less decided by the end of 2008 if not earlier.

No.

Maybe you missed this part: " I highly doubt they would ever get 10%"

by march of 2007, if Sony manage to devliver up to 6mill system. Half of those ps3 users will buy into blu-ray movies. Even if they only buy each, Sony still won... To concluse this thread, Sony won the war already if you think about it.

by march of 2007, if Sony manage to devliver up to 6mill system. Half of those ps3 users will buy into blu-ray movies. Even if they only buy each, Sony still won... To concluse this thread, Sony won the war already if you think about it.

Well I agree that BR is still the easy favourite, but it's not over till the fat lady sings. And in case you haven't heard, you can forget about Sony reaching their 6million unit target.

Well I agree that BR is still the easy favourite, but it's not over till the fat lady sings. And in case you haven't heard, you can forget about Sony reaching their 6million unit target.

To be honest though, I think all they need is only 500k users to go out and buy a Blu-Ray movies and BOOM they won...

To be honest though, I think all they need is only 500k users to go out and buy a Blu-Ray movies and BOOM they won...

Given the low uptake of HD-DVD and BR standalones this could be the case, but getting 500k PS3 users to buy signifigant amounts of BR media may be easier said than done.

Given the low uptake of HD-DVD and BR standalones this could be the case, but getting 500k PS3 users to buy signifigant amounts of BR media may be easier said than done.

How many PS3 do you think there will be by the end of 2007?

I'm guessing around 10mill...

How many PS3 do you think there will be by the end of 2007?

I'm guessing around 10mill...

Soounds about right. What will the HD-DVD standalone install base be? Do you have your crystal ball handy? Maybe we see the introduction of <$300 standalone's in 07 which would change the dynamic considerably.

Soounds about right. What will the HD-DVD standalone install base be? Do you have your crystal ball handy? Maybe we see the introduction of <$300 standalone's in 07 which would change the dynamic considerably.

The HD-DVD install base won't be much when comparing to the PS3 and it blu-ray movies buyer... Even a price drop in 2008 can't save it, didn't you know that toshiba is selling there hd-dvd player with lost here?

The HD-DVD install base won't be much when comparing to the PS3 and it blu-ray movies buyer... Even a price drop in 2008 can't save it, didn't you know that toshiba is selling there hd-dvd player with lost here?

According to who exactly? There is absolutely zero evidence that Toshiba is selling at a loss, there was a single cost breakdown that indicated that, but is nothing but a 3rd party estimate.

And as already pointed out, the install base does not have to be as big as the PS3, or even close to it, to still sell more media.

Back