Psst, guitar fans! Check this out

_xxx_

Banned
Self-pimpage! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKvuAoH6ob0 or
http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=-2522996982902358292

Just tested my new guitar a bit. And my new Samsung S-500 digicam, which I used to capture this.

Note to admins: why doesn't embedding YouTube vids work here? :???:
I mean this:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rKvuAoH6ob0"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rKvuAoH6ob0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350"></embed></object>

Nice guitar and nice skills man! There's a hard long road still for me... Btw, I want to buy a new guitar, in the order of 1000€ (1200$ or so), any recommendation?

Thanks! The one I play there is THE bang for the buck. It's a Kramer VanHalen 1984 re-issue, made by Gibson US. One-piece basswood body, 1-piece maple neck, fantastic quality and sound. They cost below $1000 new and you can get them with minor blemishes for <$500 from time to time. You simply won't get more guitar for the money anywhere. Check them out at www.musicyo.com, there are other models too worth considering like 1985 Baretta reissue or Sambora Jersey Star reissue. You'll be hard pressed to find a comparable guitar below $2000 elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe, very good. :cool:

Is that a dedicated room you've got for music? Nice to have. My folks are currently considering extending the house to accomodate all the basses, drums, computers etc.

I love how the most metal looking guitars are always owned by the least metal looking guys. ;)
Btw, I want to buy a new guitar, in the order of 1000€ (1200$ or so), any recommendation?
It all depends on your genre of choice.

headbanger.gif
Nice guitar work. You're certainly a lot better than me (though I'm more of a rhythmn guitarist and bassist). Good quality capture, too.

I love how the most metal looking guitars are always owned by the least metal looking guys. ;)
It all depends on your genre of choice.

Oh, that's the out-of-bed look there, I wear completely different clothes otherwise (leather, latex, nets, DocMartens etc.). And my hair went down to my elbows a while ago, but my job demanded a corporate haircut unfortunately.

MuFu, that's just a practicing room I share with another band, not mine. Very nice though, especially those posters in the background. Not visible is the little collection of water pipes in there ;)

MuFu, that's just a practicing room I share with another band, not mine. Very nice though, especially those posters in the background. Not visible is the little collection of water pipes in there ;)

Oh yeah, gotta have a bit of plumbing in there somewhere.

I could have sworn there was a pic of you in full scary shit mode on here somewhere. Had a look in the gay piccies thread but only found these:

john.jpg

Kellybutt2.jpg

While we're on the topic, here are a few quick-and-nasty snaps of my babies.

Beat-up old Gibson LP

Big box o' pedals

Marshall tube lovin'

Yeah, I play loud.
Mainly blues and classic rock.
In that case, as much as it pains me to say so, I suggest you find yourself a Fender stockist and give a few Strats a bit of a workout.

Oh yeah, gotta have a bit of plumbing in there somewhere.

I could have sworn there was a pic of you in full scary shit mode on here somewhere. Had a look in the gay piccies thread but only found these:

Hahahaa!!! Yeah, there were also times where I looked like that JC... err, JR pic there :LOL:

I live in an apartment, so no loud marshall stack for me :(
However, the (VT30? somethinglike that) 30 watt solid state that they put out is quite good. Impressed me for the price, still sounds like a wonderful warm amp and speaker stack.

/yes, this had really nothing to do with your playing

rock on!

[Brick_top];827042 said:

Hahaaa, great! :LOL: Someone did a few of those with Yngwie Malmsteen too, saying like "I'm so cool I won't even bother playing for you, it's enough that you saw me with a guitar" etc. Some people have too much time on their hands, methinks. Just envy, nothing more. Those guys _are_ the greatest regardless of people liking their attitude or not. I bow to them, especially Yngwie.

Great sound man!!
Also nice technique, it would be more fun to listen to if you had some backup chords to accompany you.
Listening to a few of the guitarists on UTUBE, you had the cleanest sound (that would be a testament to the quality of your VC I guess).

Thanks! Well the guitar is top-notch, as well as the amp. I used no FX besides a bit of echo, which is not the usual way because I just wanted to demonstrate the guitar to a fellow forum member who was thinking of buying it. Needless to say, he did as well as 12 other people there :LOL:

Kramer is back with a vengeance :D

And I'm about to improve my chops, this guitar gave me the passion back after a few years where I quit playing completely. Now the game's on again. I hope to be as good as before in a few months, we'll see. Now I'm at 80% or so.

Back