Direct Feed Heavenly Sword Screens (E3 build).

Stunning. Gorgeous.
I'm concerned about the gameplay. The demonstration was high on options and and short on consequence. Alot of empty expression. Showing off.

I need to see more play. Preferably after alot more balancing has been done.

It bears repeating; The artwork and rendering work hand in hand and trump just about everything else out there. This game is a perfect argument for the engine-from-scratch route.

Assuming the player's vocabulary gets balanced out, Ninja Theory deserves to slaughter DMC4 on the charts.

That art makes me really hope that there will be some open adventure in this game. :D This game just looks brilliant!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

I'M SO GETTING THIS GAME THE SECOND IT COMES OUT!!:p

In fact, I think I'll wait in line to get it a day or two before it comes out:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
HS graphics are nothing short of amazing. I just want to see more, possibly some location outside of the arena-demo. BTW, Andy of course is great as well, I really like his dialogue in the trailer.

HS arena shots are quite a bit overexposed, highlight detail is completely lost in big yellowish brightness... Please tone it down a bit :) It's still the coolest looking PS3 game so far.

I'm really keen to see other areas though. We haven't got any crowd scenes for example. As for the arena pics, I think the photography conditions are difficult. With dark armour and a very bright light source, overexposure of the highlights is inevitable. As for the bloom, I think the lens just needs a clean. Should look much better on a brand new PS3 without finger prints all over the lens. :D

beautiful. has eveything it takes. now if they manage to finish the whole title in this spirit i'll surely be getting it together with GT5 in a year from now.

To me, this is what "next gen" means because it does the most important thing - sets the standard for lighting going forward. Not saying there arent other games doing a good job but this game seems to be such a clinic in doing it right, developers should use it as a measuring stick. (no offense to anyone not named nAo or DeanOc)

Heres a wonderful GIF pulled from GAF (credit to SSX)

29632f880f.gif

Obviously not pointing out the visuals (as its to small to judge and you've already got bigger screens) but look at the animation :D

Spectacular, but i'm worried. Why they always show only this arena? It's the only one finished in the game or what?

Heres a wonderful GIF pulled from GAF (credit to SSX)

29632f880f.gif

Obviously not pointing out the visuals (as its to small to judge and you've already got bigger screens) but look at the animation :D

Simply amazing.

My only worry about this game is the enviroments. I dont want this game to be like devil may cry that is sorta missions and levels based, i really hope that they take the God of War aproach of having an open ended world were you could come and go anywere as you wish.

Spectacular, but i'm worried. Why they always show only this arena? It's the only one finished in the game or what?

I'm thinking it is probably their testing ground for both a lot of the combat system and for testing different visual effects. It can be good to be able to keep comparing the same area to see if things turn out better or worse. Also, I guess this would make a good downloadable demo area as well as already being the area of choice for playable performances at E3s and TGSs.

Indeed - a beautiful game that is right up my alley (NG fan). MS should have never let this one get away.:cry:

Regardng the environments, they probably don't want to show their hand too early. From the look of what's been shown and the level of polish every aspect of this game has shown so far, I wouldn't worry about the environments.;)

So nAo, hows that 360 version coming?:D

WOW, why do people think this game looks good too?

The king shots look very good, but the gameplay in those arenas look pretty bad...

I'm not looking for a debate, but I'm looking for the real reasons why people find these shots appealing.

To me the artwork seems unrefined (reminds me heavily of the graphics of Titan Quest, the HDR reminds me of FarCry's implementation, where there are too many overbrights and things that should be overbright, aren't), and technically I see many faults (some lowish resolution textures, for example).

[edit : I'm going to add some very clear things that I see 'wrong' with the graphics

1. The main character's hair and face look very bad, her hair is all jaggy, and completely unnatrual, her face looks too flat and 'textured'

2. Lots of low resolution textures, the shields, the objects, the armor of the enemies, and everything overall. If this game were on the scale of Oblivion it'd be acceptable, but all the shots have only shown a single arena, which would allow you to texture pretty much everything beyond the point of seeing texels.

3. Low polygon models, the helmets of the enemies for example, made out of just a couple polygons, looks horrible.

4. Shadows look like a texel shadow, very blotchy, looks bad to me, especially when you have shadow and then flare right next up to one another.

5. The Soul Calibur esque weapon 'beams' look really bad, they're not made of enough polygons and really shouldn't be in the game at all (they look bad in general, and a better effect could be done with higher levels of motion blurring.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back