Motorstorm screens

I think the ruts certainly are. They look properly deep and squishy. I don't know what else people will want.

As for shiny-shine, if the mud is that wet, it would be! The shine is only added to wet (and shiney) surfaces, and isn't all over the place like the real shiney-shine problem (shiney tree, for example).

What is a disappointment is the dust. You can see the particle texture. They need to get Warhawk's volumetric clouds going!
Sure, there are parts of it that do look nice. But wet mud shouldn't look like plastic, and you noted the dust effect, as well the foliage looks like sprites, and the far background looks off.

Not trying to pick on this, but I don't get the orgasmic reaction people have to this particular screenshot--I've seen better ones from Motorstorm.

That's the demo of Motorstorm vs the CGI, no the final retail version, the latest version loooook really good.

Part of latest Version (not retail)
I don't believe that's the retail version. As a matter of fact, I don't think that's very new at all. The new pics are from a build that might be almost a month old. It's the build jkeeling's been playing, and he took the screens himself. Those are from the near-retail version of MS, the Japanese version. I believe the final version to be released in two weeks might look better, and the western release should definitely have more coats of polish added. PEACE.

That seems the TGS demo to me (the second one with the speed corrected,although it was still pretty slow).The game now has Burnout like speed with boost.

I think the demo pretty much has the right speed nailed-down, it's fast enough that you get a great sense of speed putting you at the edge of control (especially when the track is so damn treacherous) but not too much that you would lose it.

I agree. It leaves sufficient playing room for your boost, brake and accelerate skills to affect the outcome. The rough terrain, opponent AI and car types also play a part in speed + path management (e.g., You can fly over the cliff or overturn if you travel too fast over humps).

And anyone who played Burnout 3 or beyond and drove those F1/Indy Circuit racers would agree that too much speed kills the fun in such games.

And anyone who played Burnout 3 or beyond and drove those F1/Indy Circuit racers would agree that too much speed kills the fun in such games.

I don't know. I think the point people are trying to make is that its always better to have the option of those speed demons in a game. In Motorstorm, it is uncertain whether similar things are available.

I don't know. I think the point people are trying to make is that its always better to have the option of those speed demons in a game. In Motorstorm, it is uncertain whether similar things are available.

Don't they have 'em cars with 'em fancy tail fins on them? Those are pretty fast. Too bad they ain't drivable in the demos but they were always leadin' until I pass them. Shake n' bake baby, shake n' bake.
gladtomeetya.gif

Jaguar XJ220 on Amiga A1200 with the A-Team tune playing on the radio...then you know what speed is (and how it kills gameplay!)

Also, where's mckmas? He was the first one, many, many months ago to point out the issue with "shine" in next gen games. That mud has way too much shine.

Hey bud. :smile: I think the mud in that particular picture is too shiny. I've seen the mud in a few videos and it didn't look that shiny. I wonder if they made it brighter.

Back