"Big" Next-Gen News @ Joystiq Midnight EST

It could be that rumored special unannounced thing about the PS3 controller. They could have just used yesterday as a way to get bad news out of the way.

DMC4 for Xbox 360 (very likely considering Capcom's suprise hit Dead Rising and the common framework)

I kinda have a feeling DMC4 will hit multiple platforms, but thats just me. But I dont think joystiq is going to announce any game title news, I really think it's hardware related. But we shall see.

It could be that rumored special unannounced thing about the PS3 controller. They could have just used yesterday as a way to get bad news out of the way.

Yeah maybe. Maybe the PS3 headset. In the new EGM preview for resistance, they said voice chat will be enabled so that pretty much confirms some sort of headset for ps3 at launch. Headset news is not really 'important' news though. Your guess is as good as mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well lets see....

360 HD DVD pricing/details or HDMI info?
Sony makes deal to include rumble in controller?
Sony online details?
Wii online details?
New 360 SKU?
Zune pricing/details?

Just some BS off the top of my head. Like Titanio said it's probably nothing. I don't want to stay up late only to get "Mark Reined."

I
Yeah maybe. Maybe the PS3 headset. In the new EGM preview for resistance, they said voice chat will be enabled so that pretty much confirms some sort of headset for ps3 at launch. Headset news is not really 'important' news though. Your guess is as good as mine.

Yeah,thats one of the things I've been wondering about. Where the heck is the PS3 headset and where do you plug it in? Maybe there is a special mic on the controller.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose if it's not wireless maybe it could plug into the controller? I was also hoping you could just use any bluetooth headset. I wouldnt have to buy a new one if they enabled that. :)

I thinking a "wee" bit of analysis could be the release of the hardware specs that we have been waiting for over a century for.

I thinking a "wee" bit of analysis could be the release of the hardware specs that we have been waiting for over a century for.
Hardware specs aren't expected to be launched. Nintendo said they have no interest in releasing them, and rightly so IMO, though it eeks us geeks. What's under the hood doesn't matter one jot. What matters is if you like what's on the screen and controlling it with a magic wand.

I'm going to guess it's the Final Fantasy series for the Wii. Seems like a natural place to go given the low release numbers for the PS3 and the poor sales for the 360 in Japan.

IBM has announced that their Broadway chip custom-designed for Nintendo's Wii console is not only already in Nintendo's hands but has been since July. "We have been shipping well within this quarter (July)," said Ron Martino, director of IBM Technology Collaboration Solutions. "In fact, we have shipped a significant volume in this quarter."

So what does this news mean to gamers who have been waiting patiently for a release date from Nintendo? Well, considering that Nintendo has had their hands on a large amount of the final Broadway chips since July, we can easily speculate that the Wii could feasibly be released within the next few weeks. Perhaps by the end of the month.

So that's their big news. . .

Well, there was a bit more, but that was the gist. They add a touch later that gives some added reason that they feel confident the launch date is nearly nigh.

we fully expect Nintendo to make an official announcement next week during their event in New York City. And as previously mentioned, we expect a release date far sooner than what has been projected.

And a bit more on Broadway that nearly gave me an unintended nap. ;)

People really need to stop visiting Joystiq, all they're doing these days is starting rumors, spreading FUD, and trying to up their hits with scam after scam.

The site HAS no credibility and it's not even a valid news source anymore.

Just stop going there and we can stop dealing with their crap.

Well, there was a bit more, but that was the gist. They add a touch later that gives some added reason that they feel confident the launch date is nearly nigh.

And a bit more on Broadway that nearly gave me an unintended nap. ;)

:LOL: IGN mentioned months ago that Wii might launch as early as October. That's not really news-worthy to me. Anyway, we're going to get the exact date soon.

Back