2 New F1 Screens (PS3)

Personally, I don't like the style. After watching the trailer, I must say it just has a very "comic" look. The colors are a little bit too soft, pastel and washed out for my taste. In contrast the car models are too shiny. It just doesn't feel like formula one to me.

I think they're simply art/renders. The disparity between them and the other shots is huge.

edit - apparently they come in a press kit and are labelled as artwork therein.

Last edited by a moderator:
1080p with a lot of AA. I wonder if they are PR shots, CGI renders using ingame assets, or other? Water looks absolutely fantastic and the models are very good. The E3 2005 footage showed some nice deformation, hopefully this game reaches its target unlike a host of other games (Madden, Motorstorm, and now appearantly Forza Motorsport 2).

If they are actually renders or "touch ups", I hope the actual game doesn't look too different. A few months away from launch and the bullshots need to stop.

I have *very* low expectations for this title. The F1 titles so far have been very mediocre, and I have absolutely zero faith in F1 being any different this time. We can only hope the graphics are reasonably next-gen, and that online multi-player is half-decent, and for my own selfish sake, that the wheel support is good. ;)

But this is definitely not a must-buy title for me. F1 has become too boring anyway.

I think I'm more interested in the gameplay for this game than the graphics, i remember reading something a while back about the car physics being a big roll in the game. Like you can interlock your wheels with another driver, or real damage takes an effect. But playing this game with a nice sound system could be pretty fun with vehicles whizzing by.

Be careful what you ask for, you may just get it. Ask Forza, Madden, and Motorstorm fans :LOL:

Oh my god it was like being being rejected after you could hardly work up the guts to ask her out!

It was like hearing the news that..... No no it was just like judo chopped in the yarbles.

Take it from this Motorstorm fan!! Don't get your hopes up!!!!

Seriously I'm very much looking forward to F1. The origional F1 from Psygnosis was a technilogical tour-de-force at the time of it's release. Hopefully they'll get they act together for a return to form. They kind of lost they verve when they became scea liverpool.

Seriously I'm very much looking forward to F1. The origional F1 from Psygnosis was a technilogical tour-de-force at the time of it's release. Hopefully they'll get they act together for a return to form. They kind of lost they verve when they became scea liverpool.

I have never touched an F1 game since Formula '97 on PS1. PS2 was very disappointing on the F1 front. Didn't Bizzare Creations also have a hand in the original ('96) and '97?

I have never touched an F1 game since Formula '97 on PS1. PS2 was very disappointing on the F1 front. Didn't Bizzare Creations also have a hand in the original ('96) and '97?

It's been Awhile. I don't know if you just put the image in my head but suddenly I think I remember the old logo... Maybe. Never tried the PS2 iterations. Funny enough I decided by F1 2000 taht F1 sims where hobbled by low resolution. That's why Im excited for this game.

Good lord... Even *I* can use Photoshop in more imagiantive and original ways than these people... Really, this bullshot culture is really getting on my nerves.

Yep, F1 and F1'97 on the PSX were both developed by Bizarre Creations.

Back