Gears of War Pics - Direct Feed in game

Huh???

So your judging your decision of whether or not you purchase the game based on how pretty it looks and how smooth it runs??

It seems to me too many people just *assume* the game with rock because it looks pretty.. So far i've seen enough of the game being played at E3 to let me know it definitely won't stink but to what determines exactly how good the game will play..?

So far i've heard so little about the gameplay surrounding this title that it leaves me quite concerned.. I hope the entire game won't be running through several levels ducking and shooting all the way without anykind of variation or at least a strong enough narrative to keep the action fresh and avoid monotonous play..

The description of he gameplay seems almost *too* simple which leads me to expect either the game will play well for a short 8-10 hrs and then finish, or play for a good 20 hrs where the first 8 are fun and then afterwards the game degenerates into tedium..

I pray I'm wrong becuase a killer app is just what the Xbox360 needs right now to warrant me to pick one up in a few months time, I just don't see, from the info we have so far whether GoW will actually live upto peoples expectations and deliver a fulfilling experience which everyone seems to *assume* it will purely from gawking at the eye candy..

*shrug*

Huh? Whats your problem. Ok I get your point but you took my statement and made it a big issue.

I was carried away by the visual splendour. Nothing more nothing less

The description of he gameplay seems almost *too* simple which leads me to expect either the game will play well for a short 8-10 hrs and then finish, or play for a good 20 hrs where the first 8 are fun and then afterwards the game degenerates into tedium..

IIRC a gamespot previewn said ~6 hours gameplay + MP, that is really low for a game (wouldnt never buy it for full price) but at least it will not let you enter into the tedium (the worst way :LOL: ).

Hi guys,

How large are the battles we will see in this game (e.g. how many allies and enemies will we be able to see/fight at the 1 time? Would be awesome to have some allies fighting a whole bunch of those alien type creatures, trying to outflank them and such.

Sorry if it's a stupid question!.

hmm that IGN trailer was from E3. It might be new on Xbox live, but I remember downloading that months back.

IIRC a gamespot previewn said ~6 hours gameplay + MP, that is really low for a game (wouldnt never buy it for full price) but at least it will not let you enter into the tedium (the worst way :LOL: ).

:oops:

6 Hrs???

LOL

I hope for epic's sake that this figure is grossly inaccurate..

EDIT:

6 hrs is the time it takes to play through Half Life 2: Episode 1, which was marketed as "episodic content"..

Hey maybe GoW will be announced to be episodic too wid part 2 coming in 2008..?

lol (ignore me..)

Last edited by a moderator:
There was an interview around E3 time which included the following --

Shawn: How long is the game? I mean, when the player steps into it, are they going to have six hours of gameplay? Twelve?

Michael Capps: It’s pretty much closer to the second, but we don’t really have an exact time.
http://www.gamingexcellence.com/xbox360/features/200605092.shtml

Nothing else really worth mentioning, but that was the one thing I could find from Epic about the gameplay time.

Ideally they have a legendary setting like Halo, which can take an 8hour game and make it like 20 hours.

Of course, Halo did it extremely well so that you never felt overly frustrated, and each and every encounter was a challenge in itself. most games that go for that type of difficulty level don't pull that off very well and become extremely frustrating.

This is a real-time screen shot. And was labeled as such in Game Informer.

Sorry, but the only shots that really seem realtime to me are the ones with visible hud, and some of them really look horrible, like this one:

786_0024.jpg

Sorry, but the only shots that really seem realtime to me are the ones with visible hud, and some of them really look horrible, like this one:

Sorry to dissapoint, Cliffy B on Neogaf said they're all real. And I don't believe Epic has ever relesed fake/cgi/whatever pics.

They're real ok, as I can see them and I'm not hallusinating.
What's a bit odd though that the quality of graphics seems to vary much more with every batch of screenshots that I can recall being with any other game.
Agreed, the level might be a different one in that last pic posted and the lighting in that level more harsh, but there's still a significant difference in AA and quality of lighting, textures and shaders.
It's ok though I guess, as all will be forgotten soon once the game is in the hands of the players.

They're real ok, as I can see them and I'm not hallusinating.
What's a bit odd though that the quality of graphics seems to vary much more with every batch of screenshots that I can recall being with any other game.
Agreed, the level might be a different one in that last pic posted and the lighting in that level more harsh, but there's still a significant difference in AA and quality of lighting, textures and shaders.
It's ok though I guess, as all will be forgotten soon once the game is in the hands of the players.

The last one posted is multiplayer obviously. Come on guys, lets use a little common sense here, I can't believe we actually have to point out that this are ingame, you guys should know better, it's obvious.

Well, after all that's been "pointed out to be ingame", I think I've become a little sceptical, and I'n not talking just about that by that company.
Edit: and I'm sure that company isn't that much worse when it comes to these matters than the other companies​

Well, after all that's been "pointed out to be ingame", I think I've become a little sceptical, and I'n not talking just about that by that company.
Edit: and I'm sure that company isn't that much worse when it comes to these matters than the other companies​

Thanks for you great contribution to the thread.

It's time they show some proper (ingame) gameplay videos of this game. I only seen some small ones.

No kidding.

I understand your skepticism. It is afterall one of the best (if not the best) looking games demonstrated to date. Only a couple more months till we get some live action with this puppy. :cool:

I understand your skepticism. It is afterall one of the best (if not the best) looking games demonstrated to date. Only a couple more months till we get some live action with this puppy. :cool:
I agree, the shots do look good (well, the most (selected) of them),
and the videos I've seen don't look too bad either, although a bit lacking in the animation maybe (which will be fixed according to).
Haven't quite seen the quality of those most "posed" shots in the videos though, but that might be just because the internet videos in general a a bit crappy when it comes to image quality and that those particular cutscenes haven't yet been videoed.

While I wouldn't say "the best", they're certainly there among the best of class.
To me personally it's the art that drops it from the top 5.

Back