Gears of War Pics - Direct Feed in game

why others UE3 titles don't looks as good as GOW?

I'd say technically some do, and I think these shots bring that home more than others we've seen - IMO it looks closer to its peers here than it might have previously, for whatever reason :???: But that should only makes sense given a common technological heritage.

nice

finally a sense of scale and it looks like you are immersed in the world instead of watching it.

amazing that these are the only clear shots I've seen that didn't look like concept art.

BTW Scoob... if Gers of War looks this good imagine how good Gears will look. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, this game really does impress me everytime....

do we have a release date for it yet, or is it still just slated for sometime before the end of the year (or worse still, has it slipped further)?

wow, this game really does impress me everytime....

do we have a release date for it yet, or is it still just slated for sometime before the end of the year (or worse still, has it slipped further)?

November 12th although it will be in game stores for a few days leading up to the official "Emergence Day".

Look at the shotgun on the back of the left character in this shot:
http://www.enregistrersous.com/image...f142866080.jpg

Object based AA?

Overall a very odd mix as in spots it looks to be a bit "soft" as though the image was scaled or edge AA and in other spots it's sharp as a knife and has some AA issues.

I hope its object/edge based aa and not "cleaned-up" promoshots. :???:

Overall this game is looking to be if not a system seller, certainly a title to answer any "ps3 is teh roxerz1111 360 is pwned!11!!!" garbage.:cool:

nice

finally a sense of scale and it looks like you are immersed in the world instead of watching it.

amazing that these are the only clear shots I've seen that didn't look like concept art.

BTW Scoob... if Gers of War looks this good imagine how good Gears will look. ;)

Haha, you got me, damn!

In my opinion, these are probably the nicest realtime shots I've ever seen, except maybe for the Heavenly Sword HD clip. The texture details is just ridiculous, the lighting, and the depth that the characters and environment have is just unparalleled.

Haha, you got me, damn!

In my opinion, these are probably the nicest realtime shots I've ever seen, except maybe for the Heavenly Sword HD clip.

I'm i the only that don't like the visual quality of Heavenly Sword?
maybe the final version will look better but there's a strange aliasing (seems to me that this is not simple pixel aliasing.. some things as chains and border of models loose a lot of detail when in high-contrast zones, as light and lighten surfaces) and there's some thing a lot evident with few polys (es. hair of the main model)
hope nAo will fix all this things

excuse me for the little ot.

in my opinion there're only one game that can be near as visual quality, Mass Effect

Back