The sf&f movie "guilty pleasure" list

KRULL!

Or would that be one of the worst....
Krull would belong amongst the worst mediocre films IMO. Personally, I just can't stand a hero that breaks down and weeps pathetically early on in the movie, it just doesn't work for me. :LOL:

It does have rather cool effects tho for its time.

My wife also loves The Never Ending Story, though I find it pretty crappy.
Don't you dare dis this movie, I've never seen better child actors than in this one. Not where kids so young have to carry such a big part of the movie, and do it so believably and successfully.

Has anyone mentioned The Black Hole yet in this thread? I just (semi)watched it again, got it on DVD... It's spectacular, from a nonsensical, bizarre, almost surreal aspect. At times it is fascinating, at others - laughable. Usually this happens when it comes to the terribly poorly executed robots, which in action sequences are either muppets or just empty mannequins.

There's some strange non-adherence to basic scientific facts too, such as the lack of need to breathe in open space around the probe ship. I guess they just started to run out of budget at that point in the movie and had to cut corners... ;) Also, black holes aren't REALLY vortex-shaped in reality, and quite a bit larger in size than what is depicted on-screen, but I am willing to forgive the movie all of that just because of the magnificient sets we see. The ship itself is awesome.

They just don't make sci-fi movies like this anymore... For better and for worse.

Buckaroo Banzai
They Live!
Explorers
Last Starfighter
Legend
Lifeforce
oh, D.A.R.Y.L
Night of the Comet
Beastmaster baby!

Oh, TV counts right? V and Greatest American Hero.

Robocop! (and Vindicator! its cheap ripoff)

Knight Rider and Airwolf if they were movies.

The Omega Man
Demon Seed
PLANET OF THE APES.

Dreamscape and Brainstorm

oh, and I'll toss in Electric Dreams, Lawnmower Man, and Exo-Man.

Holy crap!

I have to ditto your whole list practically verbatim. That's kinda scary. Damn... I was just about to add Lawnmower Man to your list, but I hadn't read far enough before instinctively hitting the quote button - you have that one too!

Don't you dare dis this movie, I've never seen better child actors than in this one. Not where kids so young have to carry such a big part of the movie, and do it so believably and successfully.
Trust me, its your age. You grew up with it. Its all nastolgia. The movie is poo.

Back