The History Of The Sony Playstation

I saw that few days ago. Its pretty interesting watch, definately worth the 20 mins it lasts or so. :)

Its pretty insane how Nintendo backstabbed Sony but crazy Ken and crew kinda came out and showed them not to mess with us. :)

Not to mention how much FF7 had to do with the success of PS1, best game ever I might add. ;)

FF7 , i have that game somewhere in a drawer, never played it. maybe on my ps3 in a few months :)

Seeing Bernard Stolar talking about the PSX just kinda makes me sick. The guy really drove the sega saturn into the ground with a much earlier death than it needed. Hes also the one who drove early PSX RPG devs away.

Not to mention how much FF7 had to do with the success of PS1, best game ever I might add. ;)
You're nuts... FF7 was a bastard son of a whore RPG, a trite, boring, derivative ripoff of previous FFs mixed into a bland pulpy mush that was not only unsatisfying to play, but largely devoid of entertainment OR lasting satisfaction.

It retained all the problems with square RPGs including the boring chore-nature of random enemy encounters and the annoying issue with uninterruptible scripted sequences, but also added new ones too; one of the biggest being the form over function and style over playability that came to mar pretty much every subsequent FF ever since. Pre-rendered video shit simply can't beat old-style 2D sprite animation if you got such a crappy backstory as FF7's to build on. Pretty graphics don't make a good game.

Seeing Bernard Stolar talking about the PSX just kinda makes me sick. The guy really drove the sega saturn into the ground with a much earlier death than it needed. Hes also the one who drove early PSX RPG devs away.

hm? I had the impression that Berny Stolar was actually the one who helped Sega during these hard times. It was others' fault that Sega Saturn died early

Its pretty insane how Nintendo backstabbed Sony but crazy Ken and crew kinda came out and showed them not to mess with us. :)

Well Sony wasn't playing quite "fair" either, if there ever is such thing as "fair" in the business world.

hm? I had the impression that Berny Stolar was actually the one who helped Sega during these hard times. It was others' fault that Sega Saturn died early

Bernard Stolar prepared a good dreamcast launch. When Stolar came to Sega he quickly phased the saturn out in the states because it wasnt the most popular console. The Saturn obviously had issues and a fairly low install base but there was relatively no reason to kill it off in the states so soon. It still had a decent installed base at the time. Tom kalinske was the one who did well marketing for the saturn and and such marketing campaigns as "Three free games if you buy a Saturn".

Of course there was that little war Stolar/Victor Ireland had that didnt help any. But I have also come to the conclusion Victor Ireland was a little unreasonable.

You're nuts... FF7 was a bastard son of a whore RPG, a trite, boring, derivative ripoff of previous FFs mixed into a bland pulpy mush that was not only unsatisfying to play, but largely devoid of entertainment OR lasting satisfaction.

It retained all the problems with square RPGs including the boring chore-nature of random enemy encounters and the annoying issue with uninterruptible scripted sequences, but also added new ones too; one of the biggest being the form over function and style over playability that came to mar pretty much every subsequent FF ever since. Pre-rendered video shit simply can't beat old-style 2D sprite animation if you got such a crappy backstory as FF7's to build on. Pretty graphics don't make a good game.

Blasphemy!

In my opinion FF7 was the best in the whole serie, with the best story, best combat and not to mention the best music. Overall it was definately one of the best games ever made and I'm not the only one thinking this (I hope :)).

First time I played FF7 I was like wtf is this and turned it off (I was like 12 back then :LOL:) then I decided to give it another chance when I was bored and damn did the game blow me away when I got to it. :D

To this point, I have finished the game 12 times. :p

Agreed, except I feel this way about the entire FF series. :LOL:

Back