Resitance Fall Of Man First Look Article + Gameplay Video

Some new resistance footage on this weeks 1up Show. 1up.com :)
Ted Price will also be on next weeks 1up yours.

edit: some grabs from the footage, thanks to Titanio + TTP.

omg04ef9.jpg

omg02lw2.jpg

res2vt5.jpg

res1fu1.jpg

not 720p quality, but you get the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
interesting quote from 1up about the footage...
I will say that Insomniac let us play A LOT more of the game than we were able to show... they gave us very little footage. but there's some crazy stuff in there. one of the stages was giant and open-ended -- visually, the environments looked like a cross between halo and shadow of the colossus. and you roll around in a jeep with an allied squad taking out various encampments... totally halo style. and some of the other stages are much more visually impressive than those in the footage they gave us.

and they didn't give us any footage of the standard 40 person multiplayer... and it's pretty excellent. also, you can't really get a feel for how awesome the weapons are from that footage. wait until you see the rocket launcher that allows you to stop your rockets in midair (with a secondary fire that shoots tiny rockets out of the main rocket... and they can also be stopped and started again in midair...) or the crazy goo gun.

anyway, i know some people are totally excited by the footage in the show today, and that's cool. when i received the footage from sony, i was disappointed, because what we ACTUALLY saw and played was so much cooler.

so take that for what it's worth.

oh, and the ps3 controller is way better than the dual shock. the analog sticks seem to have much less of a dead zone. much better for fps. and i like the new triggers.

And some full clips not shown..

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/5855

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/5854

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/5852

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/5851

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/5857

Looks awesome. Thank you for the links. PS3 is back on pre-order.

[off topic]
What is with that crap anyways..? On the net I read alot of

"I'm not really impressed. I lost all faith in the PS3"

some next footage = shown

"WOW, I'm impressed again, I'm buying for sure now"

and on and on...

atleast wait for TGS I would say. [/off topic]

where are you located? ive been trying to preorder for a while but no dice :(

I'm in the UK, pre-ordered it from local Leeds Currys last month, unfortunatly i cancelled it yesterday after getting delay news, but i will pre-order it again ( I hope ), or do you think i should get a Jap/US import?.

[off topic]
What is with that crap anyways..? On the net I read alot of

"I'm not really impressed. I lost all faith in the PS3"

some next footage = shown

"WOW, I'm impressed again, I'm buying for sure now"

and on and on...

atleast wait for TGS I would say. [/off topic]

I think people in Europe were bit upset when we heard that PS3 will be delayed for 4 months ONLY in Europe. Hence all the negativity about PS3 (Which we don't really mean, were just upset).

I'm in the UK, pre-ordered it from local Leeds Currys last month, unfortunatly i cancelled it yesterday after getting delay news, but i will pre-order it again ( I hope ), or do you think i should get a Jap/US import?.

ah that explains it, no pre-orders in the usa AFAIK yet.
I honestly don't know if you should import or not. That would mean you would have to import every us game as well, right? I guess it really depends on you.

ah that explains it, no pre-orders in the usa AFAIK yet.
I honestly don't know if you should import or not. That would mean you would have to import every us game as well, right? I guess it really depends on you.

Yeah, i think you're right, beside if i import than i wont be able to play Region 2 Blu Ray movies either, damn i guess i'll have to wait till March at least, I recently bought a HDTV as well..oh well..at least 360 will keep me occupied till PS3 arrives.

I must say a proper "well done" to Insomniac for keeping their promise and delivering an exciting looking game.
Remember when it was I-8 in 2005 it was pretty much in the shadows of the other stuff shown for PS3 (real or not). And now we are looking at one of the best looking PS3 games.

I am back to negative on Resistance after the new 1up show footage. The lighting is just so harsh and unsubtle everywhere. The art is hideous (and I'm not one to normally give a crap about "art"). Basically 1up showed Half Life 2 ep 2 directly after the Resistance footage and tell me it didn't look so much better, on what a 4 year old engine? (granted upgraded). It's just the epitomy of a generic FPS.

There's no way this game can even be in the same galaxy as Halo (calling it better than Halo seems to be the new trendy thing to do) because it's just so colorless. Even the 1up editors who very much praised the game more than I would seemed to not think it justifies a $600 purchase when that question was posed.

I dont know, maybe I'm being too negative. Maybe I'll do a 180 again when the new more graphically impressive levels mentioned are shown. It does seem like it would be fairly fun.
________
Vaporizers

Anyone posted this yet? Thanks to TTP on GAF:

96b5c14ba7.gif

Nice to see some BLOOD.

(I'm looking at you, HS, though there is a 17+ warning on the site now I believe... ::crosses fingers::)

Ok, the gameplay looks deeper and much more broader now.
I'm a Halo fan and some of the clips do remind me of it. I hope FoM provides more variety of gameplay though :)

Too bad I'm already somewhat burnt out on FPS. I may give this game a try; it looks interesting enough (Hopefully not many repeating rooms/levels).

It would be so much cooler if the blood would stick on the creatures skin. I DEMAND that for part 2 !

@Rangers:
Being better than Halo is no work of art. I never played Halo2 , but I hope they fired the level designer after the first one.

I have to say the game looks great and the lack of color thing is old. So Halo was colorful no offense but I prefer my games to look more realistic then the cartoony colors of Halo.

After seeing the .gif posted by Serenity Painted Death I'd say it's more inspired by id software's games than by Halo.

I hope at TGS they'll show an area which is not too enclosed and how they could fill over 20GB!

It looks impressive but the combat and AI seems to be different and probably not as fresh as Halo has been in its time (and it hasn't really been cloned yet). Basically run around and shoot down all the stationary monsters... no tactics from the enemy, no complications like shields or whatever. So I understand if someone prefers this to the Halo series but to immediately call it a better game as well...

no complications like shields or whatever.

Just a small note, but one of the weapon's secondary fire erects a shield that the gun can fire through, but offers protection against others. And I think I've seen media that shows the chimera enemies using that. Don't ask me if they're effective with it or what, I've no idea, but the concept is in there.

I am back to negative on Resistance after the new 1up show footage. The lighting is just so harsh and unsubtle everywhere. The art is hideous (and I'm not one to normally give a crap about "art"). Basically 1up showed Half Life 2 ep 2 directly after the Resistance footage and tell me it didn't look so much better, on what a 4 year old engine? (granted upgraded). It's just the epitomy of a generic FPS.

There's no way this game can even be in the same galaxy as Halo (calling it better than Halo seems to be the new trendy thing to do) because it's just so colorless. Even the 1up editors who very much praised the game more than I would seemed to not think it justifies a $600 purchase when that question was posed.

I dont know, maybe I'm being too negative. Maybe I'll do a 180 again when the new more graphically impressive levels mentioned are shown. It does seem like it would be fairly fun.

I agree.

Ughhh.... PS3 is really looking to be a an american console. :( Just a Sony branded Xbox.

Hopefully there will be some nice JRPG's for the PS3............Hot Shots Golf 5 is the only title I would buy.

Are there any launch games the Japanese will buy? Hopefully Enchanted Arms will be good.

Back