H.264 acceleration and PowerDVD 7 on ATI hardware

OK, so I'm trying to get H.264 acceleration going on a few ATI GPUs (an X1300, X1600 and X1900) using PowerDVD 7. There's an option to use Avivo for hardware acceleration in PDVD 7, you can select it, but as soon as you start playing the file, it disables it. Using the same system and same install of XP and PDVD 7, I have successfully enabled hardware acceleration on NVIDIA GPUs, so it is essentially working. Just not on ATI GPUs. CYberlink clearly claims that it works for both and in the PDVD 7 menu there is, as I have said, an opiton to enable hardware accel on ATI GPUs, it just doesn't frigging work. Can anyone suggest any ideas as to what if anything I am doing wrong and how I might fix the problem? Thanks.

Oh and I am using the latest ATI driver downloaded today on XP SP2 fresh install.

OK, so I'm trying to get H.264 acceleration going on a few ATI GPUs (an X1300, X1600 and X1900) using PowerDVD 7. There's an option to use Avivo for hardware acceleration in PDVD 7, you can select it, but as soon as you start playing the file, it disables it. Using the same system and same install of XP and PDVD 7, I have successfully enabled hardware acceleration on NVIDIA GPUs, so it is essentially working. Just not on ATI GPUs. CYberlink clearly claims that it works for both and in the PDVD 7 menu there is, as I have said, an opiton to enable hardware accel on ATI GPUs, it just doesn't frigging work. Can anyone suggest any ideas as to what if anything I am doing wrong and how I might fix the problem? Thanks.

Oh and I am using the latest ATI driver downloaded today on XP SP2 fresh install.
try Cat 6.1 , iirc after 6.2 or so, there was problem with powerdvd and avivo...maybe thats the problem ? ALthough I had heard that powerdvd7+cat6.7 enables acceleration..

Back