Is the PS3 on track to deliver full specs?

Oh my god you're right. He just pruned them now at this very moment! That's just pathetic...

Anyway I never saw them; Liver Kick do you still have their text cached?

Crap, fraid not. What a peach this guy.
icon_rolleyes.gif

And now he's running around to various fora telling people that PS3's OS takes up not only 96MB and the 1SPE that has already been confirmed, but that it takes up an extra 2 SPEs, leaving only 4 for games. And that... is a bunch of garbage.

No i didn't

i pasted a link to a kotaku page which stated that

grrrrrrrrrrr

It was a bit more than that, wasn't it Dopey.

You stumped for the source, basically claimed you had it on authority that it was "highly reliable information", and that the people questioning its veracity didn't know what they were talking about. Then you later acted like the ones calling you out for FUD had blinders on, and that you yourself would eventually be "proven right" based on your inferred inside sources. My guess is you were actually the one in kotaku's "IM chat interview" to begin with, but whatever.

And now you're claiming the OS has 3 SPEs reserved, leaving 4 for game application. When someone brings up your previous prediction... you edit your posts months later so no one can see your track record in plain text. So why should we buy you now exactly?

Last edited by a moderator:
For The Record

This is what DopeyFish posted:

Originally Posted by DopeyFish
not like anyone cares
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/sony/mo...way-179863.php

main thing of interest - CELL is now 2.8 GHz (rumored)

Originally Posted by DopeyFish
Actually, you'd be surprised what the person who was interviewed does for work at the moment. Oobviously I'm not going to tell you who or what he does, but just saying it's not wise to pull the agenda card when you really know nothing.

He wasn't making the claim himself but going by what Kotaku was saying. Nothing to hang him at the stake over.

He wasn't making the claim himself but going by what Kotaku was saying. Nothing to hang him at the stake over.

I didn't say he claimed anything for himself now did I? Drop the faux martyrdom, there's no hanging here, only clarification. DopeyFish stumped for the source, inferring he had the inside track that it was "highly reliable" (his own words), and claimed other posters didn't know what they were talking about when they called it FUD (which later was proven to be just that). The fact that he felt the need to edit those three posts out says all it needs to.

So it bares the question, why should we buy this latest "news"?

This is getting ridiculous. 3 SPEs for OS... What the hell would the OS be doing with around 90GFlops reserved all for itself - while playing games! - is absolutely and totally beyond me. You could run a few instances of some PS2 games simultaneously on 3 SPEs and 96MB RAM for god's sake!

Spreading misinformation is bad enough on the net, doing it here is just not right.

IIRC correctly we already have a breakdown for UL (among others) listing SPE usage beyond 4 of the things. There's not an ounce of credibility to this rumour and I've half a mind to neg-rep anyone for even considering it. Or even talking about it. I'll neg-rep everyone from Hardknock at the top down to everyone who replied, including me :devilish:

I've heard from a very reliable source (the same guy to break the 96MB OS story) that three whole SPEs are reserved for the OS couple that with 1 SPE being used for redundancy and that leaves only 4 SPEs for games.
FWIW, that's not true at all.

Good god some of you people are sensitive when it comes to your favorite piece of electronics. I posted a rumor in a thread I didn't create in-order to get feedback from people who might actualy know what they're talking about to respond. A lot of these comments are unnecessary. I could go pull quotes from a lot of you that responded who didn't believe the 96MB OS rumor either but it's really not that serious.

The part I take 'offense' to is the claim this info comes from a very reliable source. This very reliable source was wrong on this instant the very moment they opened their mouth, based on reems of info we've had prior to this insight. Rumours that have no credibility at all shouldn't be posted, rather than posted with the qualifier 'from a very reliable source' and without any indicator what sort of source that is. B3D isn't a site for rumourmongery.

Thank you for responding Vysez. The whole point of me posting this was to get it clarified.
If that was your intention, you didn't phrase yourself at all well. You presented it as new info, without any question at all.

Welp didn't want to create a new thread, but I've heard from a very reliable source (the same guy to break the 96MB OS story) that three whole SPEs are reserved for the OS couple that with 1 SPE being used for redundancy and that leaves only 4 SPEs for games.
Where's the 'Any chance this is real?' comment that shows your not presenting this as new info, but are asking for verification?

The title of the thread maybe? My whole point was the get feedback. If I was trying to spread fud don't you think I would have created a new thread?? Think about it.

Also I'm from America and "Hmmmmm" to me means "what do you think"?

Secondly I remember DopeyFish breaking the news on the OS so in my eyes he was pretty reliable.

Back