Jak & Daxter 2 - high quality screens

Ah...first JD2, now RC2....Hope they sharpened the look of the game and bumped up the textures(drop some polygons if they have too).

RC1 had a foggy layer pasted all over the screen, very very evident when you switch from JD to RC. The controls are somwhat floaty too, not as razor tight as JD. :oops:

Yeah, I agree about the controls in R&C. Really had to get used to them before being able to enjoy the game... as for the graphics of R&C1, some levels were simply breathtaking...

The video is impressive.
Character animation was very good in Jak&Daxter 1 but Naughty Dog topped that quite a bit IMO. I'm looking forward to E3 for further impressions on the gameplay side of things, but from what I've seen this game sure looks like a winner (atleast in the visual department).

Don't get me wrong, I have high confidence in Naughty Dog's ability to create a top-notch gameplay experience but I try to hold my expectations low so I get positively surprised when this game hits the shelves. :)

OT
R&C controls:
There is a slight "lag" when you start moving the analog stick until Ratchet starts moving (this potentialy makes some tight passages difficult for some people), but I got used to it pretty quickly. The rest of the controls (aiming, weapon switching, jumping, flying, grinding, swimming, etc... there is loads of actions in R&C) is very responsive IMO.

R&C graphics:
There is always something to nitpick on these boards, that's why we are here after all, so yes the textures could be sharper sometimes. Overall I feel the developer made the right choices/tradeoffs so R&C's graphical impression tends from OK-looking (very small areas inside, but those are few) to, like Phil said, simply breathtaking (huge environments, loads of detailed action going on, no slowdown).

All in all if you don't like the art direction no amount of polygons will impress you. :)

Actually im more concerned with the layer of blur RC has. Play JD and switch to RC, go on, you will notice how much sharper JD is.

OHMIGOD! I just watched the trailer... this game looks amazing!!! :oops: ... .... ... I'm pretty much lost for words here.. ... bear with me...

Yeah, J&D was better looking than R&C to me. Sharper looking with better textures. A bit too vibrant for me at times, though. I literally had to close and relax my eyes every now end then...

I'm interested to hear about gameplay aspects of R&C2. Are they keeping the linear level progression, this time with even crazier weapons? I absolutely love what ND is doing with J&D2. Not just the graphics, but the level of freedom they are promissing, the huge city to roam around using whatever vehicle, and fool around with inhabitants... I have a feling that with such a graphics engine, it will be the ultimate GTA type game we'll get in a while.

Some new screeens:
38.jpg

39.jpg

50.jpg

41.jpg

33.jpg

More!

People ALWAYS find something to complain about...! :)

Shadows, huh? I think there's a shadow of Jak's leg in the pic with all the greenery, dunno what else that dark thing sticking out might be.

*G*

Grall said:

Shadows, huh? I think there's a shadow of Jak's leg in the pic with all the greenery, dunno what else that dark thing sticking out might be.

*G*

BABE, CHILL, i remember than when J&D was in development, the shadows were the last thing they added... not a big deal if these early screens havent got shadows, ND was showing old footage of shadowlessJak up until a few days before release....

Is it me, or do the world textures look R&C-erized _ :LOL: _ (which is a bad thing) ? IIRC, the first game has more colorful intense textures. Now it looks dull and uniformly plain dead...

london-boy said:
Grall said:

*G*

BABE, CHILL, i remember when J&D was in development, the shadows were the last thing they added... not a big deal if these early screens havent got shadows, ND was showing old footage of shadowlessJak up until a few days before release....

that shadow thing wasn't a coplaint, just a remark !
and yes off course , there is always something to bitch about :D

Back