New Forza 2 CG Trailer

Isn't this game supposed to be out in a couple months? About all we've seen is a wireframe of a car -- they sure have been secretive about this title.

Kind of curious about it, tempted to pick it up because of the complete lack of any other competent "realistic" racers for next gen and the lack of a GT5 for probably another year.

Isn't this game supposed to be out in a couple months? About all we've seen is a wireframe of a car -- they sure have been secretive about this title.

Kind of curious about it, tempted to pick it up because of the complete lack of any other competent "realistic" racers for next gen and the lack of a GT5 for probably another year.

Agreed. at some point they need to release some media for this one. The negative spin is that it doesnt look good enough to show yet, the positive spin is that theyre just holding it back to make a splash at TGS or X06. Hopefully we'll know soon enough...

Agreed. at some point they need to release some media for this one. The negative spin is that it doesnt look good enough to show yet, the positive spin is that theyre just holding it back to make a splash at TGS or X06. Hopefully we'll know soon enough...

If you follow their weekly pitpass reports, they've just taken several rounds of ingame screenshots for print publications that should be showing up pretty soon, and the development team is in the process of piling on the special effects and optimizing the framerate.

If you follow their weekly pitpass reports, they've just taken several rounds of ingame screenshots for print publications that should be showing up pretty soon, and the development team is in the process of piling on the special effects and optimizing the framerate.

Great news, can't wait to see them. I think the cars in this video are the most 'solid' looking ones i've seen in a racer yet, hopefully they come very close.

PGR3 took some time to release media. They gave some snap shots of assets like buildings and people called them liars or said how horrible it looked. You just cannot win sometimes. Further, Forza 2 had like an 18 month dev time (Forza 1 launch in May 2005 to Forza 2 launch in Fall 2006). They probably don't have a lot of time to do a lot of PR. Even the highly praises cabin view from PGR3 is not making it into the game. They are probably on a very tight schedule.

That said I am tired of the CGI. The little of Forza 1 I played I loved. They have a robust package and from the PR it sounds even better--but, but I want to see something real. I am expecting something a good step above PGR3. I am hoping they are holding back due to development cramming just like PGR3 did; the cynical side says graphics won't be what sell the game. We will see...

/bracing myself for flames/

Why is it that people are impatient and cynical about FM2 because they are releasing "in-game asset" cutscenes... yet hyped about MGS4? Based on simple observation, they appear to be both CGish cutscenes based on ingame assets? What is the difference?

Why is it that people are impatient and cynical about FM2 because they are releasing "in-game asset" cutscenes... yet hyped about MGS4? Based on simple observation, they appear to be both CGish cutscenes based on ingame assets? What is the difference?
Maybe cause MGS4 cut scenes are real time and this FM2 short movie is not? :)

MGS4 was running in realtime on PS3 dev kits while Forza 2 was rendered offline. Pretty big difference if you ask me -- the former represents the technical abilities of the game engine on the hardware, while the later doesn't tell us much at all about the game.

It's quite clear it's not (realtime)

Based on the comment by the original poster "Using in-game assets blah blah blah" I assumed that it was a cinematic using ingame assets just like MGS4... sorry if I misunderstood...I dont have sound on this machine... did they say it was CG within the presentation?

The quality of this video is far too bad to determine whether or not this can be realtime. I'd expect the game to look at least this good, though! If not, then it would be a major disappointment to me.

By the way, the customization options in Forza 2 really make the game a lot more complex to render than PGR3, I think, and should more than make up for the (lack of an) in-cockpit view.

Add to that a higher framerate, and the game won't necessarily have too look that much better than PGR3 - but I do expect it to, since PGR3 really had very little development time.

(The reason why people say it is clearly not realtime is because there has been a lot of editing going on ... but whenever you see racing, that could still be taken from the game, and I expect it to at this stage)

I don't have audio as well..
To me it's clearly non realtime and usually I'm never wrong in these cases :)

The quality of this video is far too bad to determine whether or not this can be realtime.

Did you see the higher res version? Still not optimal but a bit better than the low-res.

I don't have audio as well..
To me it's clearly non realtime and usually I'm never wrong in these cases :)

What's giving it away for you? Just so i know what NOT to expect in the final game... ;)

Back