FIFA and Pro Evolution Soccer 6 from Konami exclusive to XB360 for 12 months

PES6 for X360 = PES6 for PS2 with higher resolution and more AA. Put the PS2 version in PS3 and you have PES6 with higher resolution (1080p) and more AA. So, where is the exclusive deal afterall? :p

If the PS2 compatibility is achieved by including PS2 chips (EE+GS) in the PS3, which is the latest info, where will the 1080p come from? Upsampling?

I'm guessing Pro Evolution for the XB360 is going to offer online play.

XBox LIVE service combined with online gameplay for Pro Evolution is going to have some appeal to gamers.
True, That's an advantage. Though traditionally, the PES games have been very social gameplay, best enjoyed with the gamers in the same room. Online gaming will surely inrtoduce another option for play, but still vastly inferior to the offline experience imo.
The PS2 version lacks online? How about PSP?

Yes, PES didn't have online for the last effort on PS2, but it's expected this time around. As for football's appeal, it's undeniable, but then how many XB360's were sold on the weight of the Fifa XB360 exclusive title? Given the low reviews I don't suppose it made much headway.

If the new games for XB360 are actually next-gen titles rather than just dressed up current-gen games, I can imagine them being big selling points. Or even if they're just very dressed up, with Fifa playing as it does now but looking more like the old Madden concept renders. If they don't improve things much, especially in the gameplay, it might not have as much impact as the other titles coming for these platforms like GOW or Lair or what have you that have more immedaite grab, and the majority of footballers will probably be happy to carry on with their current games rather than shell out n hundred euros for pretty much the same game.

Does anyone have any figures on Madden XB360 sales? That game was reviewed low and would give an indicator of how much the series fanbase is willing to jump into next-gen for the next iteration regardless of whether it improves on the past or not.

I have always loved PES games but I have never actually bought one, nor have I touched the Fifa serie with my money either (Nor I will). However, PES is worth the money but I lose interest towards football games (same with all sports games) fast so I have never bought them, this should bring more sales for MS though.

For FIFA it seems this may be a new next-gen engine in use here where the ball has its own physics:

Electronic Arts today unveiled the next-generation version of FIFA 07, promising a completely new experience based on an engine that's been two years in the making.

The 360's extra processing power has meant that all 22 players can be calculated this way - compared to maybe a third of that in the past - while the ball itself has been written away from the animation, hopefully helping FIFA to escape the feeling of ball-glued-to-foot.

Players will also be able to react to the ball and trap it in a huge variety of ways, dependent on context, and we're promised that the ball will curve and spin very dynamically. The buzzword appears to be "unpredictability".

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=66849

Havent seen any video though, thats where the proof will be...

Yeah, from the sounds of it PES is nothing special, but Fifa is actually a new engine, although it doesn't yet sound like it's introducing anything not seen before - just more of it. I have to say, the idea of a footballing brain is kinda redundant when the players do what the player makes them do. So what if Lampard's AI makes him shoot from far out, if when the player gets hold of him they run him into goal? What these games severely lack IMO is both a realism, where you can have the ball and not always be being pressured by opposition with limitless energy, and far far far better smart control when it comes to both changing the player you control and defending. That's what'll make them next-gen for me.

LEIPZIG, Germany — Aug. 23, 2006 — Once again proving that its game platforms offer more ways for gamers to have fun, Microsoft Corp. today announced great new games and accessories for Xbox 360™ and Windows® gamers. Delivering on the worldwide demand for Xbox 360, Xbox Live® and Games for Windows, Microsoft revealed key additions to its Windows Vista™ showcase library and Xbox 360 titles today at the 2007 Games Convention in Leipzig. In addition to announcing new European-centric board games for the hugely successful Xbox Live Arcade on Xbox Live, the premier online gaming service, Microsoft announced that the next generation of soccer will be available exclusively on the Xbox 360 console this year. With “FIFA 07†from Electronic Arts Inc. (EA) and “Pro Evolution Soccer 6†from Konami Digital Entertainment Inc., Xbox 360 will be the only place where gamers can enjoy next generation soccer this year.

MS does not claim 12 month exclusivity. I think FIFA will come to PS3 few months in to 2007. True next-gen PES comes fall 2007.

Can't weigh in on this much except that... there are thousands of video game stores in HK and Shanghai... and every single one of them... has kids playing PES on a PS2 inside. There were a couple of stores in Shanghai with old men playing Koei games, but other than that... sounds pretty big to me. But, I can admit, I hate Sony with a passion! ^_^ *dances*

People people..
You have it all wrong.. it IS a 12 month exklusivity deal for BOTH PES6 and Fifa07 on next gen consoles..

Microsoft has scored another major coup in the next-gen battle, revealing today that both Pro Evolution 6 and FIFA 2007 will be available on only one next-gen format – Xbox 360.

The two eagerly anticipated titles will be released on current generation platforms, but Microsoft has secured a 12-month lock-out on the soccer games for next-gen formats. This will mean that neither Pro Evolution 6 nor FIFA will be available for PS3 or Wii.

FIFA 2007 is due for release on September 29th, with Pro Evolution Soccer 6 set to follow in October.

http://www.mcvuk.com/newsitem.php?id=24298
------

it's been confirmed by both MS and EA that it's 12 months.
Can you link to these confirmations please? I mean first hand one. All I'm seeing are media coverage reports - some saying it's 12 months, some saying FIFA will be out in 07 for PS3 without clarifying the date, some saying MS have paid for exclusivity through a deal and others suggesting it's just the run of the publishers. An actual EA statement 'FIFA won't be out for PS3 until 12 months after it's XB360 release' or somewhere a statement from Konami 'a new financial deal with MS has seen the XB360 chosen as the only next-gen platform for our best selling Pro Evolution Soccer series.' Something like that which isn't heresay would be welcome!

it's been confirmed by both MS and EA that it's 12 months.

Actually, I just read confirmation that it's just for this year, from guys who were in Leipzig. The next PES for PS3 is scheduled for April 2007, and FIFA 2007 for PS3 will be released early in 2007. I'll post a more reliable quote once I come across one.

Back