PCI-E card for $150~$200

Slides

Regular
I was going to go with some version of the illustrious 7600GT, and I might still do that since I hear of a price drop on those (anyone know when?). But I've been with my 9800 pro for so long now that I've really gotten used to ATI and wanted to find out if ATI offers anything that might be comparable or superior in terms of price/performance for the $150~$200 range.

I'm surprised how quickly ATI has grown on me. Well, not that quickly, but I just can't seem to commit to an NVIDIA GPU anymore. I don’t know why, I have no problem with the nForce chipsets.

Thanks

:LOL:

Yup. 3x the shaders. But X1800XT is faster than X1900GT. 7600GT is a great card too, btw. Short-term price drops can only go so far when u are sub $150 already.

dig, any particular reason why?
Yeah, better AA and no shimmering...plus it is a bit faster. (Arguable point that one as it depends on the game, but on average I found the GTO to be a bit faster and I got the XFX 7600GT XXX which is a pretty quick 7600GT. ;) )

Right now I also like it because I got two GTOs in a dongleless crossfire set-up and have been having a blast playing around with the new AA modes....I only have one 7600GT so I haven't tried SLI yet.

I'd get that X1800XT for $199, that's a freaking steal and it'd shame both the GTO & 7600GT.

To trust fudo or not, that is the question! :)

That's usually the question when it comes to L'Inq. ;) But in this case, here's something else to think about:

X1900XT256: $279
X1950Pro256: $???
X1650XT256: $149
X1650Pro512: $129

$199 does sound reasonable for the X1950Pro when you look at this, doesn't it?

The Sapphire X1800 XT on newegg is about the best deal around. The X1950 Pro will be good for $199 when it comes out as well.

dig, any particular reason why?

don't forget the chuck patch! ;D (digi mentioned better AA, but i like the AA+HDR!) however, i must confess, my connect3d x1800gto runs hot, makes a good bit of noise, and they're probably overpriced if you can't find one with a good rebate (i paid $170 after rebate). oem x1800xt's nice too.

Back