Capcom loves 360.

To answer all your questions, the answer is yes those are good for the industry because they are all different scenarios that fill a particular gamers need. They represent choice.
If someone only wants to pay $20 for a game that's fine,as long as there are gamers that want big budget $60 games. Which there are.
There are plenty of kids who only play Pokemon,which again is fine as long as there are plenty of kids willing to play Halo as well. Which there are.
Renting games allows people who would otherwise not be willing to or able to buy games, to acess them. Some revenue is better than none.
Should I go on?
This model works because none of those "particular gamers" are in the majority, which is what NucNav said.

Now part two of the game:
1) Developers only make easy-to-produce games since the majority of gamers will only pay 20$ at most for a game
2) Developers will only make games based on Pokemon, since the majority of gamers will only buy a game that involves Pokemon of some sort

Etc.

You should never worry about looking after the industry,that's their job. Your job as a consumer is to selfishly demand what you want,and force the devs to earn your purchase.
That's good for us and the industry.

If only gamers knew what they wanted, they make a lot of demands, you give them what they say they want and what happens, your game tanks. Not everyone can afford to go from Kung Fu Chaos to Heavenly Sword...

EDIT: I'm through derailing the thread, PM or Ignore

This model works because none of those "particular gamers" are in the majority, which is what NucNav said.

Now part two of the game:
1) Developers only make easy-to-produce games since the majority of gamers will only pay 20$ at most for a game
2) Developers will only make games based on Pokemon, since the majority of gamers will only buy a game that involves Pokemon of some sort

Etc.

Ah yes I was waiting for you to go into the realm of the hypothetical.
I was going to deal with this in your first post but I figured I wait until you made the move first.
Your above scenarios are simply not based in reality. So there's no need to even deal with them.
The market is already getting what it want's and can bear ,as it alway's has been.
I go back to my original premise. The consumers job is to demand exactly what they want, and the industries job to deliver on that demand. And that's exactly what happens everyday.The magority of people do not stop and ask themselves what is best for the company before they purchase,nor should they.The free market survives.

Ah yes I was waiting for you to go into the realm of the hypothetical.
I was going to deal with this in your first post but I figured I wait until you made the move first.
Your above scenarios are simply not based in reality. So there's no need to even deal with them.
The market is already getting what it want's and can bear ,as it alway's has been.
I go back to my original premise. The consumers job is to demand exactly what they want, and the industries job to deliver on that demand. And that's exactly what happens everyday.The magority of people do not stop and ask themselves what is best for the company before they purchase,nor should they.The free market survives.
:) I was disagreeing with your disagreeing with NavNuc. He made a simple statement that doesn't contradict what you and I are saying. My example was to illustrate it, not posit a hypothetical argument.

:) I was disagreeing with your disagreeing with NavNuc. He made a simple statement that doesn't contradict what you and I are saying. My example was to illustrate it, not posit a hypothetical argument.

Ah ok I missed soemthing there. :oops:

You can add me to the list of people that would have never even looked at either Lost Planet or Dead Rising, but plans to buy both based on their demos.

And yet Epic won't release a demo for GOW. :cry: So who knows what's correct.

I'm guessing that has more to do with slipping dates than Epic having issues with Demo's as a whole. Still it would be mighty tasty to have a GOW demo to play with :D

On topic,I have to question wether this demo helped sales or not. I actually was turned off the game from the demo. I came away confused and unimpresssed.
The first time I played the demo I turned right ,walked for a about ten seconds went through a door,a cutscene happened and demo over.
The next time I walked a bit further, went into a movie theatre, saw a cutscene, again demo over.
The next time I wandered around not knowing how to find or accomlpish my goal and then the demo just ended abrubtly.
I never found how to finish the goal and wasn't about to search the net for ideas.If they can't make it clear to me how ot play this game in the demo then it's over.
The AI was dumb as I expected it would be with hundreds of zombies.
The game just looked superficial and convoluted.Maybe the final game is better,but why would I risk $70 based on that demo.

I love demos and would not buy a game until I can play it. Unless I know for 100% sure I would like it.. Like when GRAW for 360 came out. Don't know why but just new I had to have it. For a game like Kameo I though no way. I saw thier site, read some stuff on it but still no way in hell I would pay money for it. Then when I finally got my 360 and was out of games, I downloaded it. Now I own a copy of Kameo. I did the same thing for the two NBA games. I had played the 2k6 version at a friends house. And wanted to try the EA version. So downlaoded that demo and just did not like the controls as much. So got the 2k6 version. Thus for me demos have both made and lost sales, but the good thing is that I got what I really enjoyed. And since I am happy with them I will buy more games, once I find them :)

Back